As a Barclays Retail Validation Senior Manager you will be responsible for being lead validator for a wide range of models. These models/frameworks are crucially important for daily business management of the Barclays Group and its legal entities as well as to meet important regulatory requirements with respect to independent validation of these frameworks.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Performing technical analyses, data analyses, benchmarking, build challenger models (if needed) to support the validation review and challenge process
• seeking direction on which issues are material but have own views on this also.
• Timely project delivery and ensuring models meet all governance requirements
• Producing high quality model validation reports, with a particular focus on noting limitations, weaknesses and assumptions
What we're looking for:
• Highly numerate, as demonstrated by Honours degree, Masters or PhD (or similar) in a quantitative subject- Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, Economics, or Finance
• Experience of coding in SAS/R/SQL/Python or equivalent language, including handling large datasets and writing functions
• Good communication and influencing skills, ability to produce high quality written communication for technical and non-technical audiences
• Highly organized in terms of documentation and follow through
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ph.D. in quantitative fields, such as Mathematics, Physics, Operational Research, Finance, and Economics
• Previous experience in model development, monitoring, model validation or good understanding of model risk and assessment techniques, predictive modelling.
• Ability to work in a high performing team, and the ability to work and liaise with others in a diverse team
• Beyond risk management, knowledge in financial projection, capital management, impairment
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.