About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Compliance Officer... In this role, you will:
- Perform model risk validation including producing Model Development Document (MDD), performing regular performance testing in line with the agreed approach with Model Risk, report on model's performance, material changes to model's design.
- Perform deep dives into data sets, understand how patterns of data may be associated with market abuse and have experience of model/AI type systems.
- Interrogate a database system for investigation, analysis, and preparation of statistical reports and to understand alert triggers and trading behaviour.
- Support scoping, design and implementation of Trading Hub, partner with surveillance, technology teams in the US.
- Partner with trading and sales desk heads, technology, and support teams to build out robust surveillance scenarios.
- Define and manage data sourcing and data quality processes, working with relevant stakeholders to review data quality issues and agree remediation priorities.
- Have intermediate knowledge of regulatory requirements and a good understanding of MAR, MiFID II, US regulatory expectations and other relevant regulations or industry standards.
- Perform deep dive investigations to identify potential market abuse, including market manipulation, trading on insider information, competition law and market conduct breaches.
- Design and deliver training on newly implemented trade surveillance capabilities.
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of UK and global regulatory developments and provide practical and immediate interpretation of regulations in the context of the firm's business activities.
- Suggest new processes for identifying and monitoring Compliance and Conduct Risk.
- Support Compliance Testing and Internal Audit and where appropriate taking responsibility for addressing corrective action plans in respect of Regulatory Compliance surveillance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing surveillance processes and recommend areas for improvement.
- Pro-actively identify and manage Regulatory Compliance risk.
We Value Diversity
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge & experience of model risk
- Strong knowledge of securities & derivatives
- Strong knowledge Market Abuse Regulation and behaviours
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.