Equity Analyst – Industrials
- 2Xideas Switzerland AG
- New York City, New York (US)
- Jan 27, 2023
- Feb 26, 2023
- Job Function
- Investment Advisor/Consultant, Other, Performance Analysis
- Industry Sector
- Finance - General, Investment Bank, Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Are you looking to join a growing, entrepreneurial investment firm to identify suitable investment opportunities in listed industrial equities? If so, we have the role for you.
2Xideas is an independent, partner-owned investment firm founded in 2013, with a growing team of currently 70 people and offices in Switzerland (Pfäffikon SZ & Küsnacht ZH), the United States (New York), Ireland (Dublin), Liechtenstein (Vaduz), and Hong Kong. We are dedicated to a long-term, global investment strategy focused on public equity markets.
Our highly disciplined investment process combines fundamental research expertise and advanced data science. We aim to identify high-quality mid cap stocks with 2X return potential over a time horizon of 5–7 years, equivalent to a 10–15% return per annum. What sets us apart from others is our collective decision making, the level of insight and transparency we offer to our investors, and the use of technology to enhance all aspects of our business. For further information, please visit our website at https://2Xideas.com.
About the Team
The investment team comprises 18 members – 5 in New York, 2 in Hong Kong, and 11 in Switzerland. We are organized in five sector groups. We believe in collaboration and collective team intelligence while encouraging independence of thinking and individual investment ideas.
About the Role
We are looking for an Equity Analyst to complement our experienced team at our office in New York. The successful candidate will take responsibility for identifying and verifying suitable investment opportunities, mainly in the industrials and materials sectors, on a global basis. The role supports a blend of in-office and remote working.
- Bottom-up equity research on existing and new investment opportunities based on our established research process.
- Field trips to visit potential investment targets and meet with management teams.
- Writing detailed investment case reports documenting the reasoning behind an investment.
- Building and maintaining spreadsheets with financial models of the respective target companies.
- Participation in the investment decision process.
Compensation: Expected base pay rate of USD 170,000 + potential for a discretionary bonus and ability to partake in the company-wide profit share plan
This role requires a candidate who is passionate about investing, works well in a collaborative team-based environment, and is proactive and intrinsically motivated to go the extra mile.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree.
- At least four years of fundamental equity analysis experience, ideally focusing on companies in the industrials and materials sectors.
- A deep understanding of global industrial trends and a general affinity to engineering-related topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Financial modeling skills, valuation know-how, and an understanding of what makes companies succeed or fail.
- Experience with financial information systems such as Bloomberg or CapitalIQ is a plus but not a necessity.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity.
How to apply
2Xideas believes in direct communication. Please submit your application to Ricco Friedrich at ricco.friedrich@2Xideas.com, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter. This should include 1) why you would be a great fit at 2Xideas, and 2) a summary of a company you believe would be an excellent long-term investment for our strategy (max. 300 words). We look forward to receiving your application, including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, and certificates).
More searches like this
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Performance Analysis Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Other Non-Banking Financial Institution (Consumer finance, Leasing, factoring, etc.) Full Time Bachelors jobs