London (with regular working from home)Hours:
Coller Capital, founded in 1990, is one of the world's leading investors in the secondary market for private assets. The firm provides liquidity solutions to private markets investors worldwide, acquiring interests in private equity, private credit, and other private markets assets. In January 2021, the firm closed Coller International Partners VIII, with committed capital (including co-investment vehicles) of just over $9 billion and backing from over 200 of the world's leading institutional investors. In February 2022 the firm closed Coller Credit Opportunities I, with committed capital (including co-investment vehicles) of c.$1.4 billion and backing from over 30 institutional investors.
As an Investment Accountant, you will work within an operations sub-team to effectively collaborate within a team of 40+ Finance colleagues. The role will encounter a broad remit and this opportunity exposes you to a diverse range of areas across Finance to ensure you have the opportunity to maximise your strengths. You will work within the operations team, with the role requiring significant collaboration with the other sub functions of Finance (primarily Investment Monitoring and Treasury & Fund Reporting) as well as external third-party service providers to achieve common goals. On a day to day basis you can expect to be responsible for the delivery of a variety of workstreams as detailed below:
- Monitoring and processing of underlying Call and Distribution Notices and recording of expenses in bespoke Investment Monitoring system.
- Oversight and review of all portfolio investments' underlying valuations, primarily from GP provided Capital Accounts, using sound judgement and interpretation.
- Collation, testing and provision of Quarterly and Annual valuations for inclusion in Accounts, LP meetings, reporting requirements and ad hoc investor circulars.
- Aiding in forecasting and monitoring cash requirements for the Coller Funds, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet Investment costs and expenses whilst maximising returns to Investors.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly reporting packs to be distributed to senior management.
- Support cyclical workflows e.g. Accounts review and AIFMD reporting requirements
- Daily monitoring and weekly reconciliation of Coller database to that of our administrator.
- Investment / accounts experience
- Experience working for, or alongside Administrators/third party providers
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), or Part Qualified
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, able to work on own initiative and to take ownership of tasks
- Delivery focussed and results driven; highly conscientious with a strong work ethic
- Highly organised, effective and efficient at dealing with a number of competing priorities at any one time
- Analytical mindset
We are widely acknowledged as an innovator at the complex end of secondaries and with offices in London, New York, Hong Kong and Seoul, Coller has truly global reach. We are committed to advancing ESG initiatives and driving change across the private markets sector. Coller Capital has been awarded an A+ rating by the UNPRI across the board since 2018 and achieved climate neutral status in 2019. The Firm is a signatory of FAIRR, the Farm Animal Investment Risk and Return Initiative created by the Coller Foundation. Coller Capital was a founding signatory on ILPA's Diversity in Action initiative and we actively partner with Out Investors, Women's Society Alliance, SEO and #10000BlackInterns. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where individuals can develop their talent and express themselves as part of a high achieving team. As investors, we value diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experience and actively look for these qualities in candidates. Our investment team alone benefits from over 20 different nationalities.Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we offer private medical insurance and an attractive pension.
Please let us know if we can make any reasonable adjustments at interview in order to fully support and promote your talent.