Role & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Actively contribute to the firm's thought leadership on asset allocation and portfolio construction.
- Research and develop quantitative models to areas such as asset allocation and portfolio construction. Analyze complex investment research issues, focusing on financial markets and their implications for portfolio construction and investment advice.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analysis and offer opinions and recommendations. Prepare written commentaries as needed for clients, prospects, senior management and the media.
- Present analysis and results internally and externally to clients or constituents.
- Participate in the ongoing review and enhancement of the firm's investment methodology. Perform detailed methodology audits and make recommendations on changes.
- Support internal client requests on ad hoc research projects, especially for the UK and continental Europe markets.
- Assist in the creation of investment-related presentations for senior management.
- Lead group discussions designed to identify and debate investment issues and potential research projects.
- First-rate technical, analytical and empirical research skills, gained in a similar investment research role within financial markets, consulting, government organizations (e.g., central bank) or academia.
- PhD or Master's degree preferred, with a specialization in areas such as Quantitative Finance/Financial Engineering, Quantitative Economics, Econometrics/Statistics.
- Proficiency in Matlab/Python/R strongly preferred.
- Ability to write effectively and explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication and team working attributes.
- Experience in machine learning techniques, especially its application to portfolio optimization are preferred but not essential.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.