Client Portfolio Manager (institutional channel, business development, wholesales, service)
- Zevenbergen Capital Investments
- Seattle, Washington State
- $125k-$175k depending on experience, + benefits and discretionary bonus potential
- Jan 26, 2023
- Feb 25, 2023
- Job Function
- Institutional Sales, Investment Advisor/Consultant, Management Consulting, Marketing and Public Relations, Relationship Management, Wealth Management, Wholesale Sales
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Private Wealth Management Firm
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Zevenbergen Capital Investments LLC (ZCI) is a forward-thinking, boutique investment advisory firm specializing in growth equity investing utilizing fundamental, bottom-up research. With more than 35 years of history in serving institutional, mutual fund and individual clients across the U.S., the firm is looking to add a top-quality individual to our team in Seattle, Washington. This is a great opportunity for a current client portfolio manager/associate, asset manager or consultant/OCIO, looking to make an impact and excited to drive growth at a firm with a strong track record of identifying companies with disruptive technologies, embracing volatility as a means to long term investment returns.
We are seeking a driven, collaborative business development and service professional. The Client Portfolio Manager will implement strategies to nurture and grow institutional assets under management (pensions, foundations, corporations, consultants and family offices). This role is responsible for maintaining high levels of client satisfaction with existing clients and working with the team to cultivate an active pipeline of new institutional clients.
The ideal candidate has experience serving institutional contacts with whom to share the Zevenbergen story. A strong knowledge of equity markets (CFA or equivalent experience preferred), exceptional writing and presentation skills are required. This role will work closely with teams across the organization (portfolio managers, service, operations, and compliance).
This teammate will be trusted with a high level of responsibility, welcome challenges, embrace an interesting and dynamic workflow, adapt to a fast-paced and demanding environment, balance significant priorities, possess outstanding people and project management skills and communicate effectively with all members of the ZCI team, clients and external parties. This candidate should be resourceful, creative, flexible, resilient, highly inquisitive, and have a demonstrated history of exercising sound judgment working through challenging scenarios to bring about effective solutions.
- Primary investment contact and relationship manager with focused attention to the Institutional channel. Must be comfortable discussing separately managed accounts, mutual funds, model portfolio platforms and sub-advised relationships. Responsible for all aspects of client relationship building (review meetings, investment commentary, reporting, and contributing to RFP/RFI due diligence responses). Ensure compliance with ZCI’s policies, procedures and practices in all facets of client relationships.
Business Development – Institutional channel
- Develop and implement institutional business initiatives. Create a pipeline of new institutional and family office investors. Present at relevant investment conferences and panels. Aggregate and report relevant metrics to ZCI’s senior management. Embrace sales management software systems (e.g. Dynamics CRM, Black Diamond, Advent APX).
- Highly competent communicator with critical thinking and strong writing skills; ability to clearly articulate details of investment philosophy, process, results, and outlook. Curate key messaging for quarterly reports. Ability to discuss portfolios independent from Portfolio Management team, understanding of key metrics of the portfolio, identify trends, and understand macro implications. Investment professional who can speak on behalf of the Portfolio Management team with institutional clients, consultants, and prospects.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics, professional designation CFA or CFP(TM), Minimum 5+ years work experience in client facing role; Demonstrated success in growing assets under management. Growth equity background and experience managing volatile market conditions preferred. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the right level of confidence to present and promote ideas internally and externally. Outstanding analytical and organizational skills, resourceful and inquisitive, analytical problem solver; ability to work independently or with a team to meet tight deadlines. Ethical and trustworthy individual who can handle highly confidential/sensitive information. Technology proficiency: Bloomberg or Eikon, CRM (Salesforce or Dynamics preferred).
- Locally based or willing to relocate; hybrid schedule (up to 3 days/week in office, more when needed) Willing to embrace pre- and/or post-NYSE trading work hours and travel, as needed
- Salary Range: $125k-$175k depending on experience, discretionary bonus potential ZCI offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees
HOW TO RESPOND
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter (please limit to one page), explain why you are an excellent fit for this position. Should your response and qualifications indicate potential for employment, you will be contacted for a follow-up telephone interview. Not all resumes will receive a response.
We have made every attempt to convey an accurate description of this position’s main responsibilities, but in no way does this imply that these are the sole duties to be performed as part of employment.
Zevenbergen Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Our firm strives to create a workplace of diversity and to that end, will respect each person’s unique contributions, no matter his or her race, creed, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, honorably discharged veteran or military status, political ideology, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, age, or gender identity. These principles apply to our practices in recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, rates of pay, benefits or other forms of compensation, termination and other terms and conditions of employment.
More searches like this
- Institutional Sales Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Management Consulting Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Marketing and Public Relations Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Relationship Management Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs