About Our Role
Fideres has been investigating corporate and financial wrongdoing since 2009, bringing advanced quantitative and data driven techniques to highly complex disputes involving competition infringement or financial instruments. We believe in fair and transparent financial markets, and our investigations and expert opinions play an important role in protecting investors across the globe.
Our Financial and Securities Litigation team are the consulting and testifying expert for plaintiffs in almost all landmark financial litigations. We are leaders in our field and we have supported our clients in recovering billions of dollars in settlements for plaintiffs, in 2022 alone.
We are looking for a professional with a background in economics, statistical or other quantitative discipline, to join our team of Financial Economists and make a positive impact to the global financial market from day one . This role will work in a project team bringing advanced quantitative and data driven techniques to highly complex disputes involving financial markets and securities litigation. Key Responsibilities
This role will manage securities and financial projects that require econometric, statistical or more quantitative analysis techniques. Some notable responsibilities include:
Key Skills And Attributes
- Conducting detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis of market manipulation allegations as part of the delivery of Fideres' expert consulting mandates
- Taking responsibility for the management, timely delivery and overall quality of financial and securities consultancy projects
- Managing day to day client engagement activities, including managing the project scope, timeline and budget
- Coming up with new and improved solutions to problems and projects, along with ways to strengthen the quality of our analysis
- Writing comprehensive reports that summarize the key findings of our analysis in a simple, succinct manner
- Verbally presenting key findings to clients in a manner that allows them to understand both the results and how they impact their own clients
- Communicating with clients and stakeholders in a timely, clear and concise manner
- Contributing to the overall success of the firm by generating new case ideas, and participating in pitches
- Mentoring and supporting the team, and identifying internal training needs
The successful candidate will have:
- A keen interest in financial markets and a strong belief in fair and transparent markets
- Proven relevant experience in a sector regulator, or in a consulting/financial services environment
- Experience of dealing directly with clients (ideally law firms and regulators)
- A strong record of academic achievement with a relevant degree(s) in economics, financial economics, statistics or other quantitative subjects (data analysis, mathematics etc.)
- Proficiency with data analysis software and programming experience (e.g., Python, R, Excel). Experience of database programs (e.g., SQL, Postgres) is a plus
- Hands-on work experience in managing data heavy projects, complex/big data manipulation, management, and analysis
- Strong writing skills, and experience of writing reports and presentations
- Strong project organizational skills, able to meet deadlines
- Enjoys building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders. Has the ability to explain complex concepts, quantitative results, and their implications to non-specialists
- Enjoys coaching and developing the team
- Integrity, and a creative, curious mind
- A high level of accountability, and not afraid to express and opinion and offer new solutions
Fideres is a leading provider of economics and industry expertise for complex disputes in securities and financial markets across various jurisdictions.
We have been engaged by all the major US and UK plaintiff-side litigation law firms, governments, and other public-sector entities to assist in numerous high-profile antitrust investigations and private litigation, spanning a wide range of industries and jurisdictions.
We have developed innovative modelling techniques for highly complex competition and financial issues, and our work has contributed to a heightened standard of economic evidence in litigation globally, particularly in class actions.What We Offer
You will get to work in a highly innovative environment where training and development is put at the top of the agenda to ensure that our staff are at the leading edge of their academic knowledge, and where rapid career progression is available to proactive employees who reach out for opportunities .
We offer flexible working hours and hybrid remote working and competitive salaries and bonuses.
We are proud of our values and our diverse and international workforce, and we are committed to building a working environment where employees feel safe, welcome and able to have an open and respectful dialogue on diversity issues.Application Process
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your motivation to join Fideres and your interest in the role offered to email@example.com .
Please note that we consider a thoughtful and considered cover letter to be an integral part of the application.