As a Barclays Cyber Security Senior Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Corporate & Investment Bank Cyber Security team providing stakeholder management, information gathering, analysis and problem solving with close engagement with the Barclays CIB business areas. You will also be driving robust Information and Cyber Security practices through provision of a comprehensive "first line of defence" service to the business across the Barclays CIB entity.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Producing executive reports on the status of cyber and information risks and control maturity against relevant Cyber and Information Security Policies and Standard
• Leading on cyber investigations, incidents and exceptions to address Information and Cyber Security matters
• Supporting the design and implementation of an information and cyber security change initiatives across the Barclays CIB entity
• Creating a security culture across CIB that promotes security best practice and a continuous improvement approach
• Supporting continuous developed information and cyber security SME capability in line with needs and expectations of the team
• Using risk management principles to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information are safeguarded in accordance with the bank's operating model and risk appetite
• Managing security controls exceptions and ensure incidents are tracked and managed to closure
What we're looking for:
• Experience in working within the information and cyber security field or other relevant fields related e.g. risk management, fraud control
• Strong written and verbal communications skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Analytical skills e.g. Excel related, and the ability to support security change programs
• Operation of security processes (or similar) following correct procedure in a timely manner
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in formal risk management, including the ability to identify, understand and mitigate risks, drawing on technical experience, risk assessment principles and manage
• Extensive understanding of relevant information risk and control frameworks including NIST, ISO27001
• Experience working in information security / cyber risk within Financial Services, ideally with a corporate and /or investment banking background
• CISSP, CISA, CISM or equivalent security qualifications
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Northampton. Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.