This is an exciting opportunity to join the Lloyds Banking Group team as a Credit Officer who plays a central role in supporting customers and Coverage deliver their growth objectives sustainably and with a clear focus on risk. You'll be operating at the forefront of the energy transition working on a range of high profile transactions and managing a portfolio with complex financial arrangements for customers within the Energy & Commodities sector.
Due to the nature of the client portfolio the role requires frequent engagement with senior internal and external partners.What you'll be doing...
We support a hybrid way of working which combines home and office based work. Although, most of our colleagues are based in London, we welcome applications from other UK locations.Here's what we're looking for...
- Managing an active portfolio of counter parties (some of the largest companies in the UK and globally) in the Energy Transition & Commodities space covering energy transition technologies, upstream and downstream energy companies, service companies, and commodity traders.
- Undertaking independent credit assessments of lending proposals (new opportunities and annual reviews) and developing a recommendation for presentation to sanctioners. This involves identifying, analysing, and succinctly articulating the key risks (financial, structural, operational, environmental), along with a clear recommendation, thus enabling informed decisions to be made.
- Using external research from a variety of sources including specialist information providers, credit rating agencies, and media reports to assess how a customer is positioned within an evolving external environment and identify situations that could increase risk to LBG.
- Collaborating closely with originators, relationship managers, and product partners to shape credit proposals, set credit risk appetite, and to maintain a balance of risk and reward.
- Monitoring portfolio performance, raising any emerging risks to senior management and other interested parties as appropriate, as well as ensuring compliance with LBG and regulatory policy.
- Partnering with key customers to undertake periodic sector reviews aimed at identifying potential areas of weakness as well as opportunity.
- Lead credit focused meetings with external clients as well as internal partners
- Working in a high profile, professional, and demanding environment committed to putting people first, being bold, trusting each other, and embracing our differences.
- Drawing upon your prior Credit experience to help shape and improve team processes.
- Taking advantage of the opportunity to widen your credit experience within the energy transition space as well as to other areas including Acquisition Finance and Infrastructure & Project Finance.
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- Good knowledge and significant experience of corporate credit analysis, preferably experienced in covering energy companies (integrated, upstream, downstream, services), commodity traders, and/or energy transition technologies
- Evidence of relevant credit experience assessing large corporates with a proven track record of consistent performance
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements, including ESG and energy transition assessments
- Demonstrable high levels of attention to detail, numeracy, and accuracy
- Understand and manipulate complex financial models (strong Excel skills are required)
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and work within a supportive yet ambitious team
- Communicate effectively at all levels and across different audiences, with strong written and verbal communications skills
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.Together we make it possible!
- salary - dependent upon location and experience
- bonus - performance linked
- a generous pension contribution
- flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
- a flexible approach to hybrid working