As a Barclays Cross Market Data Science Application Support, you will support the cross asset Data Science Platform (DSP), global real-time/ historical market data collection and management, EMEA SMaD (Statistical Modelling and Development) Quants processing, and Equities Analytics systems including Portfolio Webbench (PWB), Barclays flagship analytics tool for pre-trade, real-time monitoring, and post-trade analysis. You will also interact with a wide range of cross asset businesses using DSP.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing leadership within the Cross Asset Support team
• Providing direct support for the Data Science Platform and its users, market data issues, and SMaD Electronic Trading processing
• Monitoring, troubleshooting and resolving production incidents
• Working in a collaborative, fast paced, dynamic environment, participating in project implementations and leading triage calls
• Coordinating with business leads, application development, and multiple infrastructure teams to upgrade and replace existing hardware
• Driving process improvements and automation
• Ensuring stability, supportability and deployment efficiency is delivered
• Supporting global systems that interact with other trading and operational systems
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Extensive hands-on experience with UNIX, SQL (Oracle, Impala)
• Hands-on experience with ITIL - Incident, Change, and Problem management, with ability to run MIM (Major Incident Management) calls
• Working knowledge of command line or scripting (BASH/Python)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of Big Data (Spark, Hadoop/Cloudera ecosystem), Oracle, Kx/KDB
• Experience working with AWS/Azure, Kubernetes, Docker
• Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, ServiceFirst
• Experience with scheduling tools (Autosys, Airflow)
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
#LI - JG1