We are working with a high-calibre, global buy-side firm that is looking to hire an Insurance Solutions Strategist with a good understanding of Private Assets (Private Credit and/or Private Equity) and public credit, as well as a strong understanding of insurance regulation (Solvency II etc), to join in an investment-focused role on a well-respected team.
In this role, the selected candidate would be part of a team that is focused on enabling the asset allocation that drives excess returns for the firm's insurance clients, while managing economic drawdown and regulatory risk. The role will have a strong focus on private assets (Private Credit/Private Equity/Alternatives), as well as public credit, and the initial focus will likely be placed on private equity-like investments (with involvement in credit still essential). A lot of the focus will be placed on looking at various private debt deals being originated by the firm and deciding on which ones would make the best potential investments within clients portfolios.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has advised (in a way/shape/form) on making private debt allocations to insurance clients and how to allocate these deals (eg. understanding the underlying product - not necessarily understanding every single deal and why it is a necessary picture - as well as regulation, Solvency II, how a fund works, capital contributions etc). Additionally, an understanding of why the asset class makes sense for the client (eg. Why is private debt a better option than public debt) is important.
Alternatively, this candidate could also be a private credit analyst that also knows about Solvency II/regulatory framework, as the person could bring more credit-specific acumen to the team.
Highly respected firm and team and the firm is actively expanding.
- Work alongside the investment team to help make investment recommendations to the firm's clients
- Prepare and present summaries of new deals (private credit/private equity) to help the decision-making process, for the consumption of both internal stakeholders and clients
- Defend investment decisions made, coordinate necessary governance for efficient approvals
- Analysis of project capital activity, returns, drawdown risk, diversification and other metrics to construct portfolios comprised of private investment
- Build constructive client relationships and provide best-in-class service to the firm's clients.
- Support client interactions with auditors and regulators, providing ad-hoc materials often in a time-constrained fashion
- Relevant experience in investment functions within a large insurance company, insurance asset management company, an insurance solutions or structuring group, or a consulting firm specializing in insurance regulation or law
- Previous experience with alternative investments / private investments (essential)
- Good understanding of fixed-income & markets
- Confidence in defending investment proposals to clients
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Solvency II regulation, in particular the Standard Formula calculation and assessment for private assets.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, willing to consistently go the extra mile
- Ability to perform under high pressure
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint (slides) and Excel (efficient portfolio reporting and modelling) are mandatory.
- Analytical capabilities relevant for private assets/alternatives portfolios modeling, monitoring, reporting (desired)
- Academic background in finance, economics, mathematics, or equivalent