Analyst Developers at FNZ are all-rounders who analyse required system changes, design databases, write complex financial business logic and create slick web applications. They also work closely with analyst testers and other members of their project team to produce world class software. Analyst developers will be expected to learn all about our application, the business and the industry we operate in. Specific Role Responsibilities Analysis & Design
- Assist the analyst tester in the creation of user story definitions and acceptance criteria
- Work within the constraints of the feature/user story to define the underlying design required to deliver these changes
- Ensure the solution is well defined and fit-for-purpose. It must meet the requirements and work end-to-end. This will require a solid understanding of the underlying business processes involved in and surrounding the change
- Provide solutions and recommendationsfor the resolution of technical issues that arise and ensure solutions meet the technicalspecs and design requirements;
- Help design and build APIs and external system interfaces for integration into core FNZ products and third-party vendor applications;
- Interpret complex financial business requirements and translate into high-transactional, high-availability, secure, working systems;
- Design and build the highly intuitive user interface and interactive financial tools required by financial advisers and investors;
- Develop real-time transaction processing systems that support millions of trades every day in investment securities in multiple world markets;
- Work closely with our Solution Consultants and Analyst Testers to design and implement new functionality for our major institutional customers around the world.
- Collaborate with other developers to make sure that the solutions developed are robust and in-line with the requirements;
- Ensure code is designed and built in a reusable manner.
- Able to build medium complexity features end-end.
- Continually develop an understanding of the business functionality of FNZ platforms
Collaboration / Communication
- Adhere to the defined procedures for code management, code reviews, coding standards, naming conventions and security standards;
- Write automated unit tests for any newly created code; and
- Perform manual testing to ensure any changes made to the system are of a high standard and the system hasn't regressed.
- Perform code reviews for other developers, when required, to ensure that proposed changes meet quality and best practice standards.
- Promote the development team both internally and externally. Ensure that creative solutions, tight code, tough problems solved are called out appropriately to the developer community, and where they lead to visible outcomes, to the broader FNZ teams and clients; and
- Collaborate with other developers to share knowledge, best practices, useful technology, and opportunities for cross-project system design / solutions.
- Mentor new starters to ensure they understand both platform and SDLC.
- Provide solution centre-wide training, as required, on topics of personal expertise.
- Keep abreast of latest and/or relevant technologies, tools and methods. Identify adoption of technology, tools and methods best suited to FNZ;
- Proactively resolve technical (environmental, coding and testing) issues that impede development progress. Assist in the resolution of technical issues when requested by other developers; and
- Create novel solutions to problems by incorporating cutting edge technology or generic concepts.
- First class bachelors degree or higher and/or equivalent experience;
- Confident, and able to take initiative in a delivery-focused environment;
- Independent, self-directing working style;
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic fast-paced industry;
- Enjoy working as part of a high-performance team;
- Hard-working, innovative and takes pride in their work; and
- Passionate about creating innovative solutions for customers.
- Some experience with one or more programming languages;
- Participated in end-end deliveries of software products.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET development products, including .NET, C# and SQL Server;
- Experience with the following legacy development products would be beneficial: ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET, legacy .NET Framework versions.
- Familiarity with financial products and markets;
- Understanding of web services;
- Familiar with code analysis or automated testing tools.