The Role Responsibilities
Standard Chartered Bank is seeking to hire an Associate for its London based Investment Banking team. The role will be in the M&A & Industries Pool. Please note that this position is an Associate Director corporate level at SCB. Description of the role / Purpose:
- Support senior members in both the general M&A and Industry teams (O&G, M&M, PUI, Clean Tech) in origination and execution of transactions. The role offers full exposure to the investment banking advisory business and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain significant multi-product (M&A and financing) and sector-specific expertise on cross-border deals
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing team and would suit candidates looking for significant exposure on complex cross-border transactions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- End to end corporate finance transaction execution (both M&A and financing);
- Build detailed financial models (including DCF, LBO etc.) to value companies, evaluate performance under various operating scenarios and to analyse the impacts of different capital structures and potential M&A transactions or capital market transactions;
- Prepare presentation materials for use in client meetings, covering topics such as strategic alternatives, M&A execution, capital markets activity and general corporate finance;
- Participate in the origination and execution of transactions including due diligence and drafting of documents;
- Lead drafting of marketing and transaction materials together with Directors/VPs;
- Review materials drafted by analysts and interns;
- Train analysts and interns;
- General industry/ country/ company research including benchmarking;
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members across the Bank; and
- Day to day project management and execution support on live transactions
- Highly motivated individuals with a strong record of achievement in academics and/or summer/full time employment in corporate finance.
- A first-class degree from a reputed university is desirable
- CFA is a plus
- Superior analytical aptitude, creative problem-solving abilities and excellent communication skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Prior corporate finance experience in M&A across industries;
- End to end transaction execution experience, ideally in both M&A and financing;
- Public market M&A experience is a plus;
- Capable of multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines to produce timely and high quality work;
- Excellent teamwork / inter-personal / communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Experience in coaching/overseeing more junior colleagues;
- Advanced Microsoft Office suite skills; Proficient with Bloomberg, S&P / Capital IQ, Mergermarket and/or other platforms/databases;
- Highly motivated with a strong record of achievement in academics and/or summer/full time employment in corporate finance;
- A first-class degree from a reputed university is desirable;
- CFA is a plus;
- Superior analytical aptitude and creative problem-solving abilities.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers