Investment Research Analyst, WM
- Northern Trust
- Chicago, Illinois
- Jan 24, 2023
- Feb 23, 2023
- Job Function
- Performance Analysis, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Private Wealth Management Firm
- CFA Charterholder, Passed CFA Level I, Passed CFA Level II, Passed CFA Level III (Charter Pending)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Wealth Management Portfolio Research (WMPR) team is seeking a talented and experienced Investment Research Analyst. The Investment Research Analyst will report to the Director of Asset Allocation Research. The position is responsible for supporting and implementing strategic and goals-based asset allocation, assisting in development of asset allocation research, and partnering in training of investment partners in best practices of asset allocation.
Wealth Management Portfolio Research is the research group within Wealth Management that is responsible for investment research, asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and monitoring, and best practices in portfolio management.
- Research, develop and implement strategic and goals-based asset allocation methods for private wealth.
- Develop quantitative and long-term capital market assumptions and conduct portfolio optimization.
- Support development and maintenance of core asset allocation methods in GPS application and training of Goals Driven Wealth Management practice on these methods.
- Participate in creating original research to support the Wealth Management investment practice.
- Generate reports and analyses as needed for WMPR duties.
- Help develop and maintain asset allocation tools and monitoring reports.
- Use sophisticated analytical thought and exercise judgement to identify innovative solutions.
- Impact the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives.
- Work is guided by functional policies.
- Expert knowledge of academic and practitioner research in financial economics and investments, with strong quantitative skills in data analytics and statistical methods.
- Ability to apply financial theory and economic intuition to empirical investment analysis, and extend analysis to include qualitative considerations.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to code in R or Python is a plus.
- Requires critical thinking, creativity, leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own job discipline or field.
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view.
Qualifications - External
- 5-7+ year’s investment experience. MBA/CFA (or PhD) preferred.
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.