- University of Illinois Foundation
- Chicago, Illinois
- Salary based on experience
- Jan 24, 2023
- Feb 23, 2023
- Job Function
- Hedge Funds, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Equities, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Finance - General
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Investment Analyst is an integral part of the University of Illinois Foundation (UIF) Investment Office and works closely with the senior members of the Investment Team on all aspects of managing a multibillion-dollar endowment. The Investment Analyst is a generalist position working within a small team that invests globally across equity, credit, commodities, interest rates and real estate through investment managers, co-investments, and direct investments. Primary responsibilities include monitoring existing relationships, evaluating prospective investments, performing ad-hoc analysis as needed, and providing ongoing support for all operational needs. The program is typically three years, after which analysts have many potential career paths including continuing a career in institutional investing, working at a buy-side investment firm, or attending graduate business school. Analysts will be supported to work toward the Chartered Financial Analyst designation during his/her time at the Foundation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support senior team members in all aspects of managing the endowment across investment and operational responsibilities.
- Prepare written and analytic materials that present and support investment recommendations or actions.
- Assist in researching and analyzing both existing and prospective investment opportunities.
- Attend and participate in meetings with existing and prospective investment managers.
- Monitor, update, and create reports on investment performance, exposures, individual positions, and other portfolio analytics.
- Prepare analysis and assist in writing investment memos.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for UIF’s Investment Policy Committee meetings.
- Maintain database integrity across the various systems used to analyze the portfolio and support in diligence process.
- Engage in discussions regarding asset allocation, risk management, and other elements of portfolio construction.
- Stay current and have views on capital markets and financial news.
- Travel to manager meetings on an ad hoc basis as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include ad hoc projects (e.g. deep dive research on a specific geography or sector) as directed by the Investment Team.
- Bachelor’s degree with track record of strong academic achievement.
- Demonstrated interest in finanace and investing and intellectually curious about capital markets, asset management, and business models.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, with ability to function well as part of a small team.
- Strong work ethic, analytical, and quantitative skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to assess information and present observations and conclusions in understandable language and format - both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ethics and integrity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- One-to-two years work experience.
- Progress towards CFA designation is a plus.
- Proficiency with Python or comparable statistical program is a plus.
More searches like this
- Hedge Funds Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Equities Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Finance - General Full Time Bachelors jobs