Convertible Arbitrage Associate Portfolio Manager
- Picton Mahoney Asset Managment
- Vancouver (City), Ontario (CA)
- Salary to commensurate with experience
- Jan 24, 2023
- Feb 23, 2023
- Job Function
- Equities Research: Buy Side, Fixed Income Research: Buy Side, Hedge Funds, Investment Advisor/Consultant, Portfolio Management: Alternatives, Portfolio Management: Equities, Portfolio Management: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset, Private Equity/Venture Capital, Wealth Management
- Industry Sector
- Asset Management, Commercial Bank, Credit Union, Private Bank, Savings & Loan, , Investment Bank, Private Wealth Management Firm
- CFA Charterholder
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Picton Mahoney Asset Management (“PMAM”) was founded in 2004 to provide unique investment solutions to institutional, retail and high net worth investors in Canada and around the world. We are proud to say that we are 100% employee-owned and manage approximately $10 billion in sub-advisory, pension plan and hedge fund assets on behalf of our clients. We are honoured to make the ranks as one of Canada’s Top Employers as recognized through Great Place to Work™ in 2020, 2021 and 2022, Canada’s 2020 and 2021 Best Workplaces™ in Financial Services & Insurance, 2021 Best Workplaces™ for Women, 2021 Best Workplaces for Inclusion, and 2020 and 2021 Best Workplace™ in Ontario. The core values at Picton Mahoney guide the employee experience and contribute to the culture which fosters strong, transparent relationships.
Why Work at Picton Mahoney?
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is a place where employees can be proud of building a rewarding career that offers growth and the opportunity to evolve within a supportive culture that focuses on professional development. Over the past 15 years, we have learned from feedback and have developed strategies and programs that enhance employee engagement and improve the employee experience. As our values state: We work together; fully engaged and aligned. We support each other, and our actions contribute to the strategic goals of our firm. We are highly focused on continuous improvement while driving positive change and stronger results across our team and the firm. We believe in integrity and always “doing the right thing” for our clients, colleagues and the firm. We are committed to performance, excellence and winning. At Picton Mahoney, “stepping up” is an action, not a thought, which results in the development and implementation of those ideas. We accept full responsibility for personal performance and results. We believe in being open when providing and receiving feedback, because it makes us better at what we do best.
As a leader on the Picton Mahoney Investment Team, the Convertible Arbitrage Associate Portfolio Manager will help support making investment decisions that produce solid returns for their book of assets. These decisions must ensure firm profitability within risk constraints and adherence to acceptable ethics and standards. The opportunity will be based out of either our Toronto or Vancouver office, however, we are open to considering candidates from other Canadian locations that are willing to relocate.
Responsibilities of the Role
• Focus on arbitrage opportunities within the universe of North America convertible bonds
• Maximize portfolio risk-adjusted returns by being accountable for due diligence and security selection with consideration of fundamental, quantitative and macroeconomics market information
• Assure portfolio risks are fully assessed, modeled, and managed
• Identify new investment opportunities within the convertible arbitrage strategy
• Execute investments and monitor performance of existing portfolio
• Support the other arbitrage Portfolio Managers in various arbitrage strategies
• Support the firm and its goals and objectives
• Provide clear direction to the Arbitrage team on research and idea generation requirements
• Provide clear feedback to the Arbitrage team on portfolio positions, decisions, priorities, momentum cycle
• Support the broader Investment Team through mentoring, coaching and a strong focus on development
Sales & Marketing
• Attend client and prospect meetings as required to present information on market view, fund position, economic outlook and general market insight
• Provide investment commentary and content for monthly and quarterly reporting
The Qualifications and Experiences Required
• Minimum 5 years of related, practical experience working with hedge funds or a bank, as well as expertise in major traded markets
• Buyside investment experience is preferred
• University degree with a quantitative focus: Finance, Engineering, Math, Economics, etc.
• CFA Charterholder strongly preferred
• Proven investment track record with demonstrated managerial experience
• Ability to think independently and work as a self-starter with an entrepreneurial approach and business acumen
• Comprehensive knowledge of convertible bond arbitrage strategies and the ability to model these strategies
• Quantitative and/or fundamental modelling knowledge or background
• Experience with investment systems (i.e. Bloomberg, Reuters, Kynex, etc.)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Willingness to relocate to Vancouver (preferred) or Toronto
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with internal and external contacts at all levels
Above all, we’re looking for individuals with a mindset to think differently and who are inspired to make BIG impact. If you think that you will excel in this multi-faceted role, we want to hear from you!
Our Commitment to Employees
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is proud to offer our employees with generous perks and programs that enhance the career experience with our firm, including: Corporate Wellness & Fitness Reimbursement, Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up, Peer Performance Recognition Awards, Semi-Annual Performance Bonuses, Generous Annual Vacation Entitlement (minimum of 15 days/year), Tuition Reimbursement, Extensive Medical & Dental Benefits, Healthcare Spending Account and more.
Health and Safety
We are doing our part to ensure the health and safety of all of our employees and visitors and to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Our office will allow for social distancing and ensuring new routines are followed, such as hand sanitizing, thorough disinfection and cleaning, mask wearing, and other protective equipment. In addition, all employees who visit our office will be mandated to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Picton Mahoney Asset Management is proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work® as a 2021 “Best Workplaces for Inclusion” and 2021 “Best Workplaces for Women”. We are committed to providing an equitable and fair work environment for everyone and all hiring and other personnel actions will be taken without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, sex, disability, gender identity, gender expression, family status, age, language or national origin. If you require an accommodation at any point in time throughout the application and hiring process, please contact Human Resources at (416) 955-4108 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Hedge Funds Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Investment Advisor/Consultant Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Private Wealth Management Firm CFA Charterholder Full Time Bachelors jobs