As a Barclays QA Manager, you will support the Head of Screening QA to provide a QA service of various screening processes, including but not limited to Customer and Payment Screening, Sanctions Screening. You will work closely with QA Analysts, overseeing the workflow of the QA sampling and testing processes across all relevant functions, ensuring transparency of quality rates, trends, and root causes of issues. You will be driving improvements to the quality of the overall function through root cause analysis and quality recommendations.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays' key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Managing the Quality Assurance Analysts
• Overseeing the quality assurance of Financial Crime processes across Screening
• Managing all active queues in relation to capacity, ensuring transparency of reporting, and escalations where needed to ensure backlogs do not emerge
• Identifying trends, analyzing root cause issues and supporting recommendation of appropriate corrective actions
• Producing a series of key performance metrics and reporting packs
• Supporting quality improvements across the broader Screening QA/QC functional teams
What we're looking for:
• Previous experience of working in a Financial Crime environment, ideally in a Screening, Governance, Risk Management or Quality oversight specialism
• Broad experience in the financial services industry
• Excellent standard in writing and presentation skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple deadlines across competing priorities
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proven experience in team management such as capacity planning and process / resource optimization
• Excellent problem solving skills and detail oriented
• Excellent attention to detail, interpersonal and problem-solving skills including experience in producing and reviewing papers / MI; and presentations for senior audiences
• Proven ability to being risk and control and/or Financial Crime thought leadership
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.