There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.
The PA serves as a subject matter expert for their assigned investment strategies or area of expertise and serves as a representative of those investment strategies or area of expertise across the firm. Analysis and content developed by the PA supports the firm's efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The PA must continuously grow and adapt to meet changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change over time. The PA must excel at working independently, collaborating with key professionals, and leading projects to completion. The role is responsible for representing the investment divisions on project teams and collaborating effectively with many groups across the enterprise. As a member of the team, the associate in this role is expected to act as a leader in the group by proactively improving the group's analytical methodology, enhancing information and spearheading group initiatives.
The PA, ESG will partner with the ESG Investment Specialist (IS), the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams to understand our approach to ESG and how it is embedded into the investment process. They will be a subject matter expert on broader ESG topics such as the Paris Accord, carbon footprint analysis, Net Zero Initiative, human rights etc. They will also be aware of, and have an understanding of, the regulatory landscape. Partnering with the IS to develop content and to share insights into ESG topics for both internal and external clients is a key requirement.
Whilst the PA will not have responsibility for representing specific strategies, they will have a working knowledge of how T Rowe Price embeds ESG into its investment process across a range of strategies and also of the growing range of socially responsible and impact strategies. The A will be an expert in the various analytical resources available (i.e. Sustainalytics, MSCI ESG Ratings, LENS etc.) and will provide support to the broader ISG team as needed.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIESResearch & Analysis
Provide Leverage to Other Investment Professionals
- Conduct investment-oriented analysis on focused on assigned subject area (ESG), taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning to support the needs of the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams, portfolio manager or investment specialist. Research conducted by the portfolio analyst will often provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
- Creates custom analysis either to anticipate client concerns or to respond to client inquiries in a time sensitive environment on a global scale.
- Maintain knowledge necessary to act as a subject matter expert on ESG with an ability to link that knowledge back to markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers.
- Creates quality and nuanced investment messaging to effectively communicate and position results of analysis and inform key stakeholders. Messages are appropriately tailored for specific audiences and regions.
- Develop or assit in developing regular updates to inform the enterprise of ESG related developments and implications for T. Rowe Price investment strategies.
- Maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications (both internal and external) in order to extract investment data and conduct analysis.
Franchise & Topic Area Support
- Represent the IS, the Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams in response to associate and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up prospect, client, and consultant questions. Act as an authoritative investment resource for content creation including custom presentations, exhibits and analysis (i.e. on ESG topics/themes, on T Rowe Price's approach to ESG) used by Investment Management, portfolio and investment specialists and the Business Units. Content is often appropriately tailored to applicable audience and region.
- Represent investments perspective on sales and marketing collateral, this can include development, review and/or sign-off responsibilities.
- Associate will likely be asked to offer support to RfP team on ESG related questionnaires.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintain relationships necessary to navigate an often-complex organizational structure and evolving regulatory environment in order to respond to client needs.
- Contribute to an informed sales group by providing general education, onboarding, one-on-one coaching and facilitating quarterly meetings with distribution associates. Messages will be appropriately tailored to business unit and region.
- Educate and train diverse groups of TRP associates about a broad range of ESG topics as well as the approach of our Responsible Investing and Corporate Governance teams. Messages will be appropriately tailored to business unit and region
- Partner with the IS to develop ESG-related RFP content as needed
- Support the full sales cycle (obtaining consultant ratings, prospecting, sales meeting preparation, real-time sales and client service meeting follow-up, client retention inquiries).
- Responsible for helping raise and maintain brand awareness globally by working with Marketing, PR, Distribution and other enterprise groups.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Academic excellence
- Minimum of 5 years Asset Management experience in a related field
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA) or currently working towards the CFA
- ESG subject matter expert
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Proven experience using various analytical resources such as Sustainalytics and MSCI ESG Ratings
- Advanced Excel skills
- Significant institutional and/or intermediary investor experience
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, Investment teams, subject matter experts, Portfolio Specialists/Investment Specialists, Distribution Associates
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Can lead and drive analytical projects to successful conclusions
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.