Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast's iconic Titanic Quarter. Role Overview
Global Legal Solutions (GLS) is dedicated to providing Citi's Global Legal function with the operational support necessary to fulfill its mission of delivering innovative solutions and services for Citi's Global Legal Department. GLS is a team of diverse individuals located around the world possessing a variety of legal, financial, technological and operational skills and experience. The group manages strategic law firm relationships; partners with Operations and Technology to provide the legal technology infrastructure needed to manage legal matters and mitigate risk; and provide financial discipline and business intelligence used to manage legal spend.
The Legal Program Services sub-team within GLS provides support to the Citi Global Legal function in relation to the delivery of complex/critical/large regulatory and risk & control initiatives spanning multiple business lines that have an underpinning Legal component. The team applies expert business analysis and project management skills to a wide array of initiatives spanning multiple ICG and PBWM business lines whilst partnering closely with the appropriate Legal teams to successfully deliver outcomes.
Amongst other things, this role will provide project & program management services to Cross Enterprise Legal
(CEL). CEL partners with Global Legal teams on cross product matters and provides focused coverage to ICG's Risk and Controls Department. The CEL team's focus includes the design and implementation of various Citi-wide regulatory, control and governance driven initiatives and transformation projects; provision of cross product regulatory and thematic legal advice; legal entity booking models; and Legal technology and electronic solutions.
A Project Management Officer (PMO) is required to support CEL as part Legal Program Service's change portfolio. The individual will help formulate plans, track deliverables, and assist in preparation of material for various governance forums, manage key stakeholders in and outside of the Legal Department. This individual will work closely with CEL lawyers, product lawyers, business implementation teams, central project management teams and external legal counsel to ensure the timely delivery of Legal Program Service's project goals. It is crucial that the individual is self-motivated, driven and solution focused. Responsibilities
We're looking for a Project Management Officer (PMO) who will support the execution of multiple concurrent transformation and change projects across Legal. As a PMO, responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with our internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure effective project delivery.
- Development and maintenance of project plans.
- Preparation of project reports including status reports, RAID logs and project dashboards, tracking and analysis of budgetary information across the full project portfolio.
- Support the management of the monthly review cycles for programme milestones including updating central programme reporting documents
- Taking and managing actions and minutes at project level governance meetings
- Production of presentations and excel based Management Information (MI) for senior management/stakeholders.
- Identifying risks, issues and dependencies and acting accordingly.
- Ensuring all Programme level documentation is in place and stored in an easily retrievable manner
- Assist in the onboarding of vendor consultants, and track and manage the reporting of staffing status/headcount to stakeholders and senior management.
- Taking responsibility for the tracking of headcount budgets, and the management of spend trackers for each project.
- Engaging with the broader Legal, Transformation, Compliance and Audit colleagues as the need arises for ad hoc tasks inc. information requests, remediation activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including good verbal and written communication, presentation skills and the ability to lead and facilitate meetings and workshops with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Visio skills with ability to create business focused presentations and clear process flows.
- Strong experience of MI/Reporting
- Excellent data analysis skills, ability to analyze data using Excel including pivot tables, macros and functions.
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and shift activities to meet business needs and department goals
- Results-oriented, hardworking, dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet fast paced timelines
- Ability to apply a logical, solution based and analytical approach to work.
- Ability to work across multiple sub-teams, divisions and geography
- Strong team working skills, including working effectively within a remote team
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- PMO experience in Banking & Capital Markets
- Experience of regulatory and/or risk & control projects highly beneficial
- A good understanding of financial markets highly desirable
- Experience in developing comprehensive project plans ideally in MS-Project
- Managing vendor staff, consultants as well as non-direct reports (influencing wider stakeholders to deliver to project goals)
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. What we Offer
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We'll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Project Management ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting