The Role Responsibilities
- Data and data quality are becoming increasingly important to Financial Institutions. Our ability to accomplish business initiatives and meet regulatory requirements is becoming more and more dependent on our ability to source, manage and maintain both our data and data quality accurately, successfully, and fully.
- Alveo (formerly known as Asset Control) is the application of choice for the Financial Markets business for market data. The firm has made an ongoing decision that it also wants to consolidate instrument reference and Market Data onto the same platform.
To ensure this ongoing programme is a success and that the company objectives are achieved, the Financial Markets (FM) business is looking for an experienced, hands-on candidate to fill the role of Lead Business Analyst. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Be part of the Asset Control Business Analyst team, covering across geographies.
- Working with senior stakeholders across business and technology to elicit, clarify, translate and simplify data requirements.
- Conduct impact analysis on proposed changes and work with data consumers to integrate changes.
- Provide business case and insights into opportunities for cost and control improvements related to data provision and consumption.
- Work closely with Asset Control product owner and the Lead BA to analyse business requirements- focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction, regulatory compliance and lowering time-to-market for meeting business initiatives.
- Influence solution design support for optimising data provision and consumption.
- Communicate in a timely manner to the user community during the implementation of new functionalities.
- Support the business users & de team by proposing solution design & assisting in issue analysis & resolution.
- Support the transition to BAU teams to ensure operational readiness.
- Contribute to establishing data management governance best practices specifically in the Asset Control estate, and more generally across the wider team.
- Propose solution design for optimising data provision and consumption.
- Work closely with Asset Control product owner to drive strategic solutions / proposals aligned with the product roadmap - focusing on long term efficiency, risk reduction, regulatory compliance and lowering time-to-market for meeting business initiatives.
- Display confidence in interacting with the Front Office desk, Risk and the Operations teams.
People and Talent
- Lead the squad in the continuous improvement of operational efficiency and effectiveness of the squad's processes.
- Influence and contribute to solution design & evolution of the data platform to meet business needs in a scalable, flexible & sustainable manner.
- Understand and proactively adopt the New Ways of Working.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders on design proposal.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, and mitigating risks arising from the implementation of new data flows.
- Accountable for putting in place appropriate control measures and operating processes to mitigate risks.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure that outcomes delivered, including necessary controls are fit for purpose.
- Ensure adherence to the Bank's project and change management governance processes.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure that the team exemplifies & live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head, FM Data Operations
- Asset Control Product Owner
- FM Data Operations team
- FM Architecture Team
- Product Owners & Change teams across FM, Risk & Finance
- Technology Delivery Squads
- External Data Vendors
Role Specific Technical Competencies
About Standard Chartered
- Born Leader with the ability to influence and manage many stakeholders globally as well as the Business Analyst team in meeting the desired business objectives.
- 6+ years experience and extensive Financial Markets / Investment Bank knowledge & experience; able to analyse business problems and design operating models producing process flow diagrams and perform risk assessments.
- Expert understanding of Instrument Reference and Market Data, & first-rate experience working with datasets provided by data vendors (e.g., Bloomberg, Refinitiv, IHS Markit, IDC, Moody's, S&P, Fitch, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Alveo data management (formerly known as Asset Control) products (AC+, AC Connect, Ops360, AC Prime, etc.) or similar instrument static/market data management systems is essential.
- Experienced in understanding and explaining information level issues, utilising architecture diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries & maps etc.
- Experience with collaboration tools, e.g., JIRA, Confluence, etc., is essential.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, facilitating working meetings, building credibility and trust across diverse stakeholders, negotiating difficult issues with contentious stakeholders and escalating issues promptly.
- Ability to document functional solution designs of high quality with absolutely no ambiguity. Excellent business documentation skills, able to convey complex information with objectivity and brevity.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, architecting and explaining multiple solutions and assessing relative strengths and weaknesses and justifying solutions to senior management for approval.
- Experience with agile methodologies for project delivery will be a strong plus.
- Familiarity with data quality management techniques will be advantageous.
- Technical understanding & experience working with xml, fmpl, json and data models.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers