Purpose of the role
Client Lead for West Coast Clients, will be responsible for the Global Middle Office Clients. The role will have responsibility for new and organic growth and stabilization of client service. The role will be responsible for ensuring State Street delivers service excellence through a consistent Global Middle Office Service offering that unifies all aspects of service and delivery through common goals, oversight and consistent client experience across all regions. This role will be responsible for leading the client leads across the West Coast, US and ensuring consistency of service experience.
Middle Office experience required with a focus on Client Experience. What you will be responsible for Scope
- West Coast Clients and Client Leads.
- Management of large direct & in-direct (matrix) organizations across multiple locations Hubs, Mid-Cost and Joint Ventures - termed 'Operating Centers'
With the ambitious growth journey for the franchise this role will be critical in to ensure consistent service, support and operating model for all clients within the scope of the role both new and existing. Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create and implement goals and expectations to ensure consistent service delivery with key metrics to measure progress and celebrate success
- Create a high performing culture in which people operate to deliver client outcomes, with a One State Street mindset. Cutting across organizational boundaries to create common goals with clear performance expectations and client outcomes
- Effectively manage staff on both direct and virtual teams across Operating Centers by driving the mission of the Global Middle Office; create opportunities for emerging talent to move into stretch assignments; proactive succession and development planning
- Advance the team's collective knowledge and effectiveness by bringing insights, innovation and solutions to the team and ensuring sustainable best practice across the full suite of products and services Global Middle Office offers
- Executive management, legal entity boards, second and third lines of defense are informed of all relevant operational and service issues, risks and risk events in a timely manner
Deliver Service and Operational Excellence
- Ensures Middle Office activities are performed and services are delivered to clients in accordance with all contractual and client service level agreements ensuring a seamless, integrated, consistent operating model across the jurisdiction and operating centers
- Hold teams accountable for high standards of accuracy and timeliness, delivering services in an efficient and controlled manner with a continuous focus on improving quality and productivity
- Ensures operating policies, procedures and controls are documented, adhered to and are compliant with relevant controls and regulatory requirements
- Ensure key metrics, performance and risk indicators are in place to track volumes, manage growth, service delivery quality, cost, productivity, efficiency and risk
- Acts as escalation point for Clients and operating centers. Identifies themes in client feedback and performance to co-ordinate as Client Leads globally to ensure consistent service. Drives improvement across Global Middle Office using this insight.
- Responsible for reducing operational risks by ensuring robust control environment, escalation protocols and responsiveness culture to internal and external issues raised
- Accountable for client satisfaction, client service experience globally and accountable for performance measures and NPS Surveys / Service Responses
- Accountable for Client relationships ensuring they are developed and managed on a professional basis, operational service reviews are conducted on a regular basis, actions are documented and completed
- Ensure Middle Office are appropriately represented, prepare for and actively participate at client meetings, presentations and due diligence reviews
- Control, risk, compliance/ethics and internal audit reviews or inspections are fully supported and there are no open or overdue actions for Fund Accounting
- Requests for information from external auditors, legal advisors, regulators and other parties are managed complying with local and corporate policies
- Conflicts of interest (potential, actual, personal and business) are managed in accordance with corporate policy and we operate with the highest standards of integrity
- Compliance with all corporate and local policies and procedures with particular focus on health and safety, operational risk, resiliency and business continuity
Optimize Operating Model and Expense Management
- Accountable for Profit and Loss including but not limited to Workforce Planning, Productivity and Simplification targets. Contributing to the continuous improvement of the operating model by delivering on key initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders. Catering for growth, on-boarding, conversions, regulatory and other major projects
- Leverage client knowledge, scale, technology solutions, mutual geographic footprint and time zones to craft the most efficient, resilient and effective end-to-end service model
- Ensure adherence with globally consistent standards, measurement and reporting, identifying ways to enhance our service quality, accuracy and timeliness across all clients
- Engagement with technology and vendors on the functional specification, testing and successful on-time delivery of new applications and/or software upgrades
- Thorough review of new business and service requests including operating model design, resource and technology requirements and risk assessment
- In conjunction with Alpha Teams, partners on new business opportunities to formulate and deliver our Global Middle Office value proposition
- Partner with business unit leads with Front and Back Office to establish our "house advantage" across solutions
About State Street What we do.
- Proactively measure costs by client to ensure resources / expenses are matched by the client type.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers Salary Range:
$225,000 - $337,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.