Please note - This is a contract role (3 to 6 months covering a maternity leave) & requires 2 days a week in Osterley (West London) and 3 days remote.
Provide exemplary and commercially astute compliance operational leadership within the Group Legal Compliance function, playing a pivotal role in promoting, guiding and assisting to maintain a strong compliance culture and infrastructure.
Work across all key operating businesses and majority-controlled subsidiaries, developing, implementing and monitoring policy, procedures, training and other controls to ensure compliance in key compliance risk areas, while supporting strong business performance.
Areas covered include:
• Efficient day to day management and operation of Group CRM programme
• Design, implement and oversee appropriate policies, procedures, and other controls (i.e., Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Financial Crimes, Gifts & Hospitality, Conflicts of Interest, Sanctions & International Trade Controls)
• Oversee and ensure a risk-based approach to compliance of supplier & third-party management and due diligence processes; advise on requirements, support review & approval processes, track and implement process changes based on regulatory developments
• Oversee and ensure compliance aspects of M&A, joint ventures and subsidiary integrations; including ensuring management processes and controls are implemented and compliance is tracked and reported
• Oversee and implement strategy for international compliance communications and awareness, including ensuring and tracking of regular communications across all business units. This includes the mandatory annual training campaign and new joiner e-learning (which is managed by the Group Learning team, dotted line in)
• Collaborating with and supporting the Deputy CCO and local Compliance Officers and other compliance colleagues on strategic projects and initiatives and performing other Compliance program-related responsibilities and duties, as needed
• Partnering with HR, Finance, Security, Responsible Business, Procurement and other stakeholders to drive and embed compliance initiatives. Partnering with Comcast NBCU colleagues on enterprise-wide compliance initiatives
• Oversee tracking and reporting on the implementation and effectiveness of Compliance Risk Management (CRM) programme and demonstrate continual improvement including through automation and digital transformation to enhance and improve its effectiveness
• Oversee design of effective tools, records, dashboard metrics, analysis and reporting. Support development and implementation of compliance technology solutions including innovative approaches to maximize effectiveness of the compliance programme, and working across functions to implement solutions
• The successful candidate will have a relevant degree, legal qualification or equivalent compliance certification
• A proven compliance professional with a strong understanding of and experience in operating an effective compliance risk management programme and best compliance practices
• In house experience in a relevant industry; preferably working for a highly regulated and/or publicly traded U.S. or international business
• A highly experienced project manager capable of driving and supporting management of global initiatives, comfortable engaging at Board level
• Proven experience of leading and developing people
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate practical outcomes/achievements arising from the following experience and attributes.
• Can demonstrate up to date industry compliance knowledge and ability to respond effectively to developments
• Superior influencing skills with extensive experience of operating at the most senior level and managing multiple stakeholders with varying priorities in different territories, in a collaborative, positive and proactive manner. Experience of working in a heavily matrixed organization with an understanding of cultural characteristics/differences for successful delivery of outcomes.
• A strong team player, ability to manage and motivate a team and provide a positive lead for others.
• Ability to be tenacious and think laterally in a wide and varied role and fast-moving organisation. Flexibility/adaptability to manage new areas of expertise as businesses change and develop.
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, able to express ideas and proposals clearly and succinctly in ways which build trust and confidence with the business
• Strong knowledge of the types and uses of technology in modern corporate compliance programs, and experience of working with vendors and internal stakeholders to implement effective compliance solutions
• Knowledge of operational, financial, and human resource functions and procedures
• Excellent organization, communication, managerial, project management and administrative skills.
• Based at head office in the UK, with hybrid working approach
• Travel as required
• Excellent MS Office skills
Job Title: Compliance Operations Director
Location: London, UK
Job Type: Contract
Trading as Aston Carter. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. Aston Carter is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.