S&P Global Commodity Insights - Energy Advisory Services The Role: Principal Consultant, Global Gas and LNG - EMEA The Location: London/Gdansk/Spain Remote. S&P Global Commodities Insights
is the leading supplier of market information, price benchmarks (Platts), LNG Analytics, and insights to the Global Gas Markets, including Natural Gas, LNG, Hydrogen and Renewable Gases. The Global Gas and LNG Consulting
practice is recognized for its regional and global expertise. We work with clients to develop gas/LNG strategies, assess gas value chain to support investment decisions and conduct commercial & economic evaluation of gas/LNG projects and contracts. Our clients include, integrated energy companies, utilities, governments, infrastructure players and investors in the gas value chain. This role will contribute
to the execution of our team's projects in EMEA for local and international private and public sector clients with a focus on market related and commercial aspects of Natural Gas, LNG, Hydrogen and Renewable Gases. This role will also support our rapidly expanding international team address growing needs for expert advice across growing, global practice. The successful candidate will have the opportunity
to work with a dynamic global team of consultants and experts with wide-ranging backgrounds in gas, LNG and the energy transition. The varied and changing nature of our projects leads to development of a diverse set of skills, and exposure to various types of clients, including senior industry leaders and policy makers. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Build and run complex analytical models as required for consulting projects (e.g., Excel, Python, others)
- Develop client-ready deliverables in PowerPoint and/or Word
- Effectively manage entire consulting projects or significant workstreams within a larger project, under the direction of the project manager or project director
- Manage project resources and progress against the project plan to ensure on-time delivery of a quality set of products
- Demonstrate expertise in the relevant industry or work process, become a recognized expert on chosen topics of interest within the team and the broader organization
- Support business development and proposal writing efforts
- Challenge ideas and influence others in the team
- Build consensus across the groups with competing priorities within the project team
- Efficiently review analysis and modelling efforts done by other team members and provide feedback for improvement
- Participate in client or industry events and share key takeaways that impact the consulting team's work and priorities
- Participate in client meetings and lead the presentation of a project's reports
- Five to ten years of experience in industry, consulting, or finance environments, in areas related to gas/LNG market & commercial analysis and M&A in the gas value chain in EMEA
- Working knowledge of energy markets and pricing methodologies.
- Knowledge of investment appraisal modelling and techniques
- Strong desire to learn and develop experience in the field of hydrogen renewable gases.
- Strong desire to leverage energy market knowledge and experience in a consulting environment or leverage existing consulting skills in an essential element of the energy transition
- Once priorities are agreed, the ability to work with autonomy with minimal direction is preferrable
The Company: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Desire to develop and lead projects, including direction of other analysts and potentially senor subject matter experts.
- Minimum qualification is a bachelor's degree in engineering, business or economics. A post-graduate degree, such an MBA, is a plus but not essential.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Must have an analytical frame of mind and be prepared to use data to back up opinions.
- Some travel is required average around 20% of time (but could occasionally be more)
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. S&P Global Commodity Insights - Energy Advisory Services
is a leading provider of strategic, market, and technical advice to energy companies, investors, and government entities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), BSMGMT202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
R31258 Posted On:
London, London, United Kingdom