Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Insurance Specialist. Principal Responsibilities
The key tasks for this category will include:
- Support RMs in gaining clients' confidence and trust in HSBC's capabilities and increase the effectiveness and quality of needs-based solutions for High-Net-Worth clients' insurance needs
- Assist RMs in deepening and growing client relationships through identifying and uncovering clients' needs, recommending relevant insurance solutions with products' technical analysis, and presenting and explaining solutions to clients
- Participate in client meetings to value add in the needs-based consultative process to help fulfill clients' financial goals
- Develop client-facing presentations to illustrate insurance concepts, ideas and demonstrate products' analysis
- Perform all documentation work from application to underwriting to inception for each deal
- Liaise and follow up closely with HSBC Life on underwriting of cases and work with RMs and clients to close all gaps
- Conduct annual reviews with clients, assess market and regulatory changes that may impact products held by clients, where appropriate, and identify additional opportunities to gain clients' commitment in broadening and deepening their relationship with HSBC
- Keep abreast on changing legislation, market practices and product changes as subject matter experts in order to provide technical consultancy to Relationship Managers and High-Net-Worth clients
- Be familiar with local and Group compliance regulations, and any other applicable guidelines relevant to insurance advisory and sales
- Uphold professional training standards to meet regulatory requirements; sharpen consultative selling skills and broaden product knowledge beyond HSBC Life and Singapore's insurance landscape
- Perform regular coaching for RMs individually or on a team basis to enhance specific knowledge or develop skills to better identify opportunities
- Provide advice and inputs to RMs based on technical knowledge while acting as a second point of contact for specific products and solutions
- 8 - 10 years+ of insurance or financial advisory experience
- Prior insurance sales advisory experience in handling affluent or High-Net-Worth clients
- Work experience in bancassurance sales within affluent banking or private banking would be a plus
- Possess excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Conversant in spoken and written Mandarin
- Strong attention to details
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- CACS Paper 1 and 2 would be an advantage
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role, please contact the recruiter for this role.
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.