Matthews International Capital Management has a terrific opportunity for an experienced research analyst with Spanish or Portuguese language skills and a passion for investing. *Professional conversational skill level is a requirement to be considered for this role.
If you are looking to join a collaborative team and are an independent thinker and self-starter with 5 - 8 years of fundamental equity analysis experience (preferably in Emerging Markets) we would love to connect with you.
In this role you will use your Spanish/Portuguese skills performing fundamental equity research and investment analysis in support of the Portfolio Managers. We are a collaborative team, with a high level of integrity that understands the importance of a positive culture and we greatly enjoy working with a diverse team of professionals.Specific Responsibilities include:
- Perform fundamental equity research and investment analysis in support of Portfolio Managers, alongside detailed ESG opportunities and risk analysis.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of individual companies including assessment both financial and non-financial drivers.
- Conduct analysis on industries, business models, products and services and ESG trends.
- Ability to assess management and conduct meetings in person and virtually.
- Building financial and valuation screen/models and performing forecasts.
- Monitor fund and portfolio company performance and review asset allocation and risk and return diversification.
- Monitor macroeconomic trends/risks, political developments, currency, commodity and other sector, regional and country factors that impact portfolio companies.
- Work collaboratively with other firm functions including risk, compliance, distribution and marketing.
- Communicate with existing/potential investors, and participate in marketing of the strategy.
- Travel, including international travel to emerging market countries is required (20-25%).
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA, other advanced degree and/or CFA preferred.
- 5-8 years of fundamental equity analysis experience.
- Experience in emerging markets and International markets strongly preferred.
- U.S citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S on a permanent basis preferred.
- Must be an independent thinker and self-starter with a demonstrated passion for investing.
- Strong understanding of ESG opportunities and risks for emerging markets equities
- High level of integrity and ability to work well in a very diverse team setting.
- Use of Bloomberg, Factset, MSCI ESG and Sustainalytics.
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with offices in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai. Founded in 1991, the firm specializes in investing in Asia's equity and fixed income markets for institutions, advisors and retail investors worldwide. A focus on Asia-and providing compelling investment solutions for our clients-is what we believe distinguishes us among investment managers.
Our insights into investment opportunities and risks are backed by proprietary research, a collaborative culture, and over 30 years of experience. Our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia's diverse markets. As the region's influence and links to the broader global economy have grown, our research capabilities have also expanded to include emerging markets-an asset class that Asia now dominates. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews Asia and the Matthews Asia Funds can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.