My client, a UK development finance institution, are looking for a Corporate Communications Officer to join their busy and high-performance team. Role overviewBackground and purpose
- This is a multifaceted and exciting role helping to deliver my client's public relations activities across both owned and earned media (press and digital). Our new digital strategy will increase even further our focus on social and other forms of digital content as a way of raising awareness of our work.
Experience in finance, investing, international development or investing for impact/ ESG communications is highly desirableDesirable skills:
- Experience supporting PR plans for a financial or investment institution, e.g. a bank or fund manager. Alternatively experience supporting an international development organisation with a focus on the private sector.
- Experience working within a press office team.
- Proficient using social media to promote a brand, with experience of digital community management and engagement.
- Experience of creating high-quality materials, e.g. graphics, video.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - clear and concise with the ability to cut through jargon.
- Confidence in dealing with colleagues across the organisation.
- Degree level education or the ability to demonstrate equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
- Agency management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages particularly SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with social media (in particular Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools, e.g. Google Analytics.
- CRM system literate.
- Ability to speak French or other languages used in our markets is helpful but not essential.
Our cultural values
- Collaborative - this role will involve working across the Communications team and with people across our organisation, including senior members of staff.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Energetic style and can-do attitude.
We look for team members who aspire, as we do, to work at our best and to be:
- Impact-led, commercially rigorous
- Tenacious in the face of challenges
- Collaborative and caring
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.