Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile:
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manage risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions. Role Summary
Morgan Stanley's Fixed Income Division (FID) is looking for an addition to the Asia Electronic Trading Risk Management team to support the growth of the Division's electronic trading businesses. Responsibilities include real-time management of electronic trading limits, prioritisation and project management of electronic trading initiatives, ensuring business growth initiatives are rolled out in a risk-controlled manner and the integrity of our electronic trading systems. Team Profile
The Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) group's primary responsibility is the integrity of electronic trading systems and protecting the Firm against e-Trading issues, whilst growing the electronic trading footprint of the business.
ETRM is responsible for;
- Collaborating with business heads through provision of risk guidance and approval for all automated trading strategies and electronic trading related business initiatives.
- Managing electronic trading technology resources to efficiently implement the FID electronic trading strategy, partnering with the relevant business leads to determine prioritization
- Designing, implementing and monitoring of innovative electronic trading control solutions (e.g. fat-finger and runaway algo prevention), which includes enabling business development in a risk-controlled manner.
- Providing subject matter expertise and direction as it relates to interpretation and understanding of trading, regulatory and trading venue rules
- The Global Limit Manager (GLM) system which provides pre-trade controls, owning the system and responsibility for monitoring on a real-time basis.
- Advising FID desk heads on e-trading control and limit structures.
- E-trading regulatory matters
The ETRM group are now looking for a self-starting, articulate, ethically minded, control focused individual with the ability to apply existing knowledge and experience to this specialised area. The individual will need to be able to articulate their logic and implement risk decisions within their remit. Ideally, the candidate would have a background in and understanding of electronic trading of Fixed Income based products and must have the ability to stay calm, clear and measured under pressure.
Success in this specialized area of expertise requires the following competencies:
- A technical mind to understand the complex trading technology infrastructure
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task effectively
- A control focused approach that includes making appropriate risk decisions in a time pressured environment
- A solution-driven approach to identified issues
- Ability to both learn quickly and teach others on the workings of both systems and processes
- An understanding of and interest in the broader business and regulatory environment is necessary.
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships with stakeholders across teams, functional boundaries, and with clients.
- Ability to recognize and manage conflicting priorities/expectations across multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge & experience of Fixed Income products is preferred. A good understanding of front-office processes is also preferred, particularly:
- Electronic Trading Market Infrastructure
- Electronic Trading Governance
- Regulatory requirements
- Experience in financial services in building, supporting or auditing front office sales and trading systems; or some experience in management of technology led projects and understanding the complexities and issues that result from such initiatives.
- Capability to perform data analysis and a strong willingness to learn new technologies.