At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group's global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Product Specialist, Private Markets & Alternatives (Direct Investment)
At Bank of Singapore, we aim to provide clients with institutional access and global opportunities in alternative investments across venture capital, private equity, private credit, hedge funds, real assets, and direct investments.
We are seeking an Associate Director in the Private Markets & Alternatives team to originate co-investments and / or direct investments, onboard investment managers, prepare for / present to Investment Committees, educate / market to clients and Relationship Managers ("RMs") on new investment opportunities, and provide on-going monitoring of existing investments.
As a member of the UHNW Bespoke Investments team, the candidate will work closely with RMs to provide co-investments and / or direct investments opportunities to a select group of sophisticated clients of the bank. This role will also entail collaborating with other internal departments of the bank and product / risk management functions, as required. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- As an integral part of the team help achieve team objectives and targets
- Meet with and evaluate existing and new private equity managers to facilitate co-investment deal flow
- Prepare investment memorandums along with due diligence findings and present to internal committees and clients as needed.
- Lead co-investments / direct investments transaction execution, which includes internal-stakeholder (legal, compliance, risk, operations, finance etc.) management, marketing material preparation, RM and client education, and transaction closing
- Post-sales support including valuation monitoring, capital call management, investor updates, corporate actions, distributions and exit facilitation
- Work closely with RMs and Investment counsellors (ICs) to increase penetration of Direct Investments among eligible clients
- Support the team in business risk management; product management; managing operational procedures, processes, and policies; digital transformation journeys and data analytics
- Managing the database of eligible clients who can participate in Direct Investments and other investment products from the team
- Graduate education from a prestigious institution with specialization in finance, accounting, or other analytical fields
- CFA/CAIA holder will be an advantage
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience, preferably with background in private equity, co-investments / direct investments, venture capital, or Investment Banking
- Deep passion for investments, particularly in the private markets with a solid understanding of and appreciation for the nuances of private markets
- Comfortable to present investment ideas to a varied set of audience (internal and external)
- Proven analytical capabilities and data analysis skill set
- Written and verbal communication with clients, investment managers and within the team is exceedingly important. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable interfacing with peers, managers and clients and is able to articulate complex issues clearly, concisely and convincingly. While financial knowledge is necessary, the ability to write and to verbally communicate is equally critical
- Clear articulation capability of sophisticated concepts, ideas, and processes is required
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Experience / interest to develop skill set in Power BI or other business intelligence platforms
- Self-starter with high level of attention to detail, while staying adaptable to tight deadlines
- Desire and ability to be part of a dynamic team; a strong team-player orientation is critical