Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions - whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer. Job Purpose
Corporate Treasury (CT) is a stewardship function supporting Group ALCO in asset-liability management (ALM), capital & funding planning and management of structural FX and interest rate position. This involves formulating, implementing, monitoring and revising strategies to achieve the Group's financial objectives within its risk tolerance and other constraints.
The Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) team within CT supports GALCO - Structural FX and Interest Rate Committee (SFXIR) in forming macro views, recommending investment strategies and managing deployment of cash capital into High Quality Liquid Assets (HQLA) as well as carrying out FX / interest rate hedging.
As the team coverage expands in 10 core markets, this JD intends for a new PM role in the SPM team with considerable growth potentials and well-rounded exposures. We seek candidates who are self-driven, with growth mindset and solid team collaboration skills. Responsibilities
- Closely monitor developments in relevant markets and research on specific market topics and formulate recommendations towards the effective management of high-quality liquid assets / fixed income positions and banking book FX hedge.
- Proactively drive portfolio initiatives, assess opportunities related to product types and geographies within mandate. Focus of the new role will be Greater China macro & market view, location portfolio management.
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders, execute transactions with relevant treasury dealing teams to achieve best outcome
- Monitor performance & risk exposures holistically, track portfolios and evaluate / present the performance to relevant parties and senior management.
- Collaborate with other CT teams in ad-hoc projects e.g. development of analytical models to facilitate investment decision making, workbench enhancements.
- Minimum - Good advanced degrees in relevant fields from a recognized university. Relevant experience in finance / banking. CFA / FRM holders strongly preferred.
- Market experience in relevant areas e.g. ALM (Asset Liability Management), money market, fixed income, FX trading / investment.
- Candidates with abilities in quantitative analytics, data science preferred.
- Proactive, accurate, accountable with strong problem-solving skills and good track record - Possess good analytical, written, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with team members and various stakeholders.
- Willing and capable to adapt quickly to dynamic market environments and changes in direction; strong growth mindset to seek out opportunities.
- A strong team player, striving for team efficiency and effective collaboration.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.