The Role Responsibilities
- Booked and Origination Revenue for Cash/Trade and Ecosystem Cash/Trade, as well as TBFX, aligned to TB Budget
- Quality Deployable Liabilities
- Trade Drivers (Funded/Unfunded)
- Required return metrices
- New Business Value
To drive cash management and trade finance business growth with assigned client portfolio by:
- Developing and sustaining effective client relationships at appropriate levels in the client organization.
- Establishing yourself as a trusted advisor on cash and treasury management with clients.
- Identifying cash/trade business opportunities, structuring and pitching appropriate solutions, making effective pitches, and delivering client mandates seamlessly.
- Collaborating with implementation, client management and service teams to ensure consistently superior client experience.
- Participate in assigned project/initiative as appropriate by sales team lead to get exposure to broader business origination and sales strategy.
- Devise client level cash management and working capital strategy aligned with and socialised into the overall account plan.
- Chart clients' treasury strategy and evolution roadmap.
- Define digitization agenda in the assigned portfolio that would drive client loyalty, wallet share growth, and share of mind.
People & Talent
- Own cash/trade revenue and drive budget for the assigned individual portfolio.
- Drive OPAC conversion toward agreed levels and ensure pricing meets quality deployment scorecard requirements.
- Drive healthy pipeline and closures through business origination activity.
- Responsible for Cash/Trade Ecosystem origination - both SCF and cash opportunities emanating.
- Lead RfP responses, client pitches and ensure successful conversions.
- Manage deal execution, maintain oversight on implementation, and ensure revenue realization.
- Recommend and implement the appropriate service model for respective clients; and retain ownership of overall client experience with our cash management/trade finance solutions and services.
- Where you act as GTS/RTS role, ensure TB global sales engagement process is adhered to and this includes coordinating global/regional calling plan together with coverage team to map out and engage the key stakeholders, decision makers and influencers in the client organization with relevant people within the Bank, own account plan commitment, client level RFP positioning strategy and drive business origination and win new cash/trade mandates thereby delivering on Global/Regional target.
- Ensure comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective and professional partnerships with internal stakeholders such as Relationship Managers, TB Product, TB Implementation and Account Management, Financial Markets and Cash Operations etc.
- For Regional Transaction Sales - provide effective regional cash/trade sales coverage for the respective Global Transaction Sales to lead client initiatives in the region. Work closely with Regional Account Managers and Field Account Managers s to enable seamless delivery of regional and in-country solutions.
- Establish leadership credentials by embracing coaching, guidance and sharing of insights and deals with other team members so that collectively the team learns from each other.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder's attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate escalation to Team Head/Country Head and Group/governance committees, as appropriate.
- GAMs, RAMs, FAMs in the country / region as appropriate
- Other GTSs, RTSs (as applicable)
- Credit, Risk & Compliance team in the region / country as appropriate
- TB Products, Implementation, Client Managers and Channels team in the region / country as appropriate
- FM Sales, CF (where applicable)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Clients as per assigned team portfolio
- Local regulators where applicable
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- University degree holder
- 8+ years of relevant Transaction Banking sales experience ideally in the international/regional environment preferably with a good understanding of the market competitive landscape in Singapore.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, proven track record to work in a collaborative cross-border team environment with multi-cultural stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About Standard Chartered
- TB - Product Knowledge - Cash Management and Trade Finance Services
- TB - Channels
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers