As a Barclays Business Recovering Case Manager - Unsecured, you will support a rolling portfolio of c50-60 unsecured business customers at any one time, seeking to agree bespoke and appropriate repayment solutions with potentially financially vulnerable customers with debt up to £500k. You will manage this portfolio of customer in line with external regulatory expectations, the Bank's policies and procedures and customer's individual circumstances.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Engaging with a dynamic portfolio of financially vulnerable customers including some situations where facilitation via a third-party advisor
• Applying a solid level of judgement to gauge where each customer lies in the diverse spectrum of positions
• Negotiating with customers in sometimes very stressful and emotional situations in a manner which provides customer with confidence
• Understanding of the increasing regulatory environment and its impact on the manner in which we need to engage with our customer together with fully understanding
• Managing cases up to £500k exposure Subject to accreditation, usually without any tangible security resulting in any decision impacting directly on the level of recovery/ loss
• Analysing a variety of financial information from a variety of sources (Bank systems, own due diligence, customer etc.)
• Identifying, understanding, and navigating through a high variety of potential complex financial structures to establish respective party's liability
• Assessing customers financial position, primarily through obtaining an up-to-date financial position from customer and applying judgement
What we're looking for:
• Knowledge and understanding of impairment policy and implementation of recovery actions including sanctioning, Bank security, triggers/ provisions/ non-accruing debt
• Thorough knowledge of Corporate and Personal insolvency
• In depth knowledge of legal action/ considerations available to the Bank and at a high level, an awareness of legislation and current case law
• Good knowledge of services provided by professionals and their related costs
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous customer experience dealing directly with customers
• Knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience of a debt recovery environment
• Relationship building both internal and external
Where will you be working?
In the centre of Spinningfields, Hardman Street is right in the centre of the best of Manchester's professional business network. A multi divisional space with Corporate, Wealth, Premier and Digital colleagues, the offices include a client suite for meetings for up to 100 people, but are equally intimate for smaller meetings. Set in the heart of the cities gyms , bars, restaurants and shopping, Barclays offices are a real benefit to its 300 staff and an attractive venue for clients.