The Role Responsibilities
- Asset class ownership of one or more of the Capital Market Products.
- Revenue management.
- Drive new business and strategic initiatives across different business segments.
- Drive product and platform innovation.
- Portfolio management.
- Provide product advisory and communicate strategies to frontline staff.
- Responsible for client documentations, product related suitability processes.
- Responsible for marketing of product/platform capabilities.
Risk Management & Governance
- Business owner in all related product platform.
- Drive platform usage, client penetration efforts.
- Contributing or leading in relevant projects.
- Accountable for delivery of all product enhancements, project deliveries in terms of championing as business lead.
- Manage operations, IT and middle office resources indirectly in terms of driving changes, delivery and strategy.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Owns and responsible for Country product programme and ensure alignment to the Group product programme.
- Ensure compliance to internal and external governance standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for overseeing end-to-end product process through the product life cycle, including all risk management initiatives.
- Drive and lead regulatory changes.
- Participate in audits, manage regulatory incidents and communications on product and drive the process, product and system changes to reduce regulatory breaches.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the country / business unit / function/ team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CPBB business stakeholders, CFCC, Legal, Operations, Operational Risk, Credit
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ years of working experience in Banking domain
- Good knowledge of investment and retail products
- Experience in Retail/WM lending products will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and keep to tight timelines
- Proficient in MS office applications
About Standard Chartered
- Knowledge of some capital market products- Bonds, Structured Products, FX, Equity, Lending.
- Understand product management/marketing, process efficiency concepts.
- Methodical and analytical, ability to decipher and manage large sets of data.
- Awareness of regulatory environment- Singapore and UK.
- Ability to work in pressured, time bound conditions.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers