Control Management safeguards BNY Mellon, our clients and their assets. Our teams provide first line risk and control advisory expertise and support primarily working alongside Operations, Asset Servicing and Corporate Trust. This role is specifically supporting Client onboarding/offboarding, Know Your Customer (KYC) and Tax. Focus is on mitigating risk, enhancing controls and optimizing client experience. In addition to managing risk, goals include driving continuous improvement and automation of the client service delivery model. Desirable areas of knowledge include risk and control management, internal audit, client onboarding and KYC, Custody services, CASS and CAP.
Ensure that the adequacy and operating effectiveness of the global control management environment is sound, aligned to strategic principles, risk appetite and embedded within the business. Through Our approach advisory, and training for staff to safeguard the needs of the business along with those of clients. Operations Control Management is a global team dedicated to supporting our control and risk framework. Our businesses rely on us to conduct independent control and risk assessments, develop standardized controls that represent operating best practices, provide education on controls and emerging risks, as well as support business development and change. Role and Skills:
- Leads design control assurance and agile testing programs to ensure controls are adequate and effectively implemented. Supports stakeholders with Internal/external audits, Compliance and Regulatory initiatives- substantial practical experience of control testing assurance / related experience in Audit/Risk/Compliance; and advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise Risk and Control guidance to Senior stakeholders. Leads advisory engagement and best practices with key Senior stakeholders across functional areas. Requires expert verbal and written communication skills and strong practical experience and knowledge of the custody client lifecycle, Risk and Control methodology, and one of the following disciplines: Know Your Customer/AML, Custody Tax Services.
- Supports the proactive development of the Risk and Control Framework and automated controls through evaluation of key risks, control deficiencies, errors/near misses and supports root cause analyses and remediation. Anticipates and investigates technology and market trends areas that may become future risks to the business and creates controls to mitigate them before they appear. Identifies deficiencies in controls and partners business to create policy, process, and practice.
- Owns control project timelines and may assign work to other team members. Operates with a high degree of independence, implements programs that improve internal controls to keep up with regulations and corporate business standards. Ensures that location specific regulatory standards are met. Previous experience of leading teams, complex projects/analyses across function, managing stakeholders necessary
- Control Culture champion, values, designs and delivers risk and control management training programs to ensure that risk and control policies, procedures, practices are completely understood, followed and required governance embedded.
- Strong team player, actively supports management with achievement of cross team / function objectives. Extremely flexible to changing priorities, adapting to multiple activities and actively strives to achieve success. Evidence of being a proactive lead with ability and willingness to develop new skills and capabilities. Responsibilities are usually specialized and often have broader impact beyond the business/segment/region they are assigned to advise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred. Control/Audit/Risk/Accountancy qualification advantageous.
Control testing, advisory, complex analysis, multitask, adaptable, risk management, control, problem solving, proactive, risk culture, risk management, control management, audit, regulatory, risk framework, critical thinking, detail oriented, process improvement, dynamic, leadership, automation, Stakeholder/Relationship Management, Client facing / Consultative experience
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.