Overview About the role:
Reconciliation - S3Performs daily reconciliations, deciphering moderately complex exceptions between systems, clients, institutions, etc. for securities, cash and/or derivatives. Processes client accounts. Responsibilities:
- Deciphers moderately complex exceptions, performing root-cause analysis.
- Enters reconciliation data and ensures proper aging.
- Assists more junior level support staff in identifying more complex differences.
- Communicates moderately complex break reports to either internal groups within the firm or correspondents outside the firm.
- Monitors resolution.
- Assists more junior teammates when difficult exceptions are to be identified.
- Leverages an in-depth of understanding of the business in order to assure that adjustments are made correctly.
- Assists in daily, weekly and monthly reporting using an understanding of the stock record and knowledge of basic accounting.
- No direct reports.
- May provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Impact related to own work, supports the achievement of team objectives.
- High School/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in brokerage/banking operations preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.