Overview Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team. Department Overview
The Trade Capture function sits within EMEA Fund Accounting and is responsible for ensuring the timely processing of all Client and Fund Manager Instructions against intraday deadlines. There is approximately 45 staff split over the five Fund Accounting Trade Capture teams, offering a range of roles from Project Analyst administrator, Administration Officer, Senior Administration Officer, Team Supervisor, and Section Manager through to Group Manager Overview of the role
Responsible for ensuring the timely processing of all Client and Fund Manager instructions against intraday deadlines adhering to structured business as usual requirements in accordance with the appropriate markets, Bank's best practices and departmental objectives in order to safeguard against any financial or reputational loss alongside providing high levels of quality service and minimising risks to the organisation.
The role offers a variety of duties and responsibilities including exposure to complex market instruments, interdepartmental relationship building across areas such as Fund Accounting, Data Management and Client Delivery. As project based activities is a key element to the role you will be working closely with Project Managers, section mangers and various departments in setting up fund launches, closures, mergers, working on project development and the review of new and existing processes and controls.
This involves understanding the processes, controls, procedures and systems operating within the team. It also involves being proficient in carrying out designated functions and perform duties to a high standard, ensuring we provide accurate information and meet target objectives.
***You are responsible for your own risks and compliance ensuring all controls are in place for 4 eye and 6 eye checks and confirmations of accuracy from Client and BCG in writing before proceeding/carrying out work to avoid errors. Key areas of responsibility
The project Analyst must have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management skills.
Key among a project Analyst's duties is the recognition that risk directly impacts the likelihood of success and that this risk must be both formally and informally measured throughout the lifetime of a project.
Skill and Experience
- First line of communication is key with reporting manager on a daily basis, keeping in loop of activities being carried out.
- Risk Associated and imbedded controls on all project related activities identify and raise areas.
- Communication with internal teams and project managers
- Organising and managing each ad-hoc task for project deadline
- Collating accurate data from information given for various project activities.
- Updating reporting log and keeping information accurate
- Saving key correspondence for each task assigned for back up
- Receive, instigate and resolve queries from all areas, whereby ensuring the ongoing support to the teams needs and resolving problems instantly.
- Work independently and complete allocated projects with self-development on seeking guidance within the business.
- Adhere to Internal target deadlines and ensure any impacting areas are highlighted and raised to immediately resolve.
- Relationship Building, build and maintain relationships with other areas and individuals within the process cycle to ensure an efficient operating model for the onward transmission to the users of trade capture data.
- Attend client calls and provide relevant information on what falls under Trade Capture remit.
- Work in agreement with the client and Project manager on Trade Capture standard formats on trade files to meet the department needs on processing allowing a simple automation format.
- Adhere to Trade Capture requirements on fully working Ops Model
- Investigate project relevance if Trade Capture actions are required.
- Updating/creating User defined tools, Xceptor, mapping data and templates to existing tools.
- Resolve static data breaks on live funds.
- Report to line manager on critical business impacts that flag red status
- Report to line manager on a daily/weekly basis on updates of work carried out.
- Regular updates on Xceptor (UDT) mapping and maintenance where required. This will be key tool used within the Project team for uploading trade files.
- Be able to Support staff / teams progress against queries and trouble shoot efficiently.
- Strong communication skillset is essential within the role.
- Have a clear understanding of planning and defining scope
- Resource planning
- Time estimating
- Creating charts and schedules
- Be able to work under pressure where challenges are faced
- Be able to manage heavy work load and prioritise efficiency
- Cary out multiple tasks/projects at the same time
- Strategic influencing
- Managing risks and issues
- Controlling quality
- Have Intermediate to advanced understanding on Excel and Microsoft office package.
- Understand basic formulas on Excel where this can be built upon experience within the working environment.
- Adhere to Internal Project SLA's in a timely manner.
- Have clear communication skills where accurate information is relayed correctly and not misinterpreted.
- Good Oral and written skills.
- Focused attitude to work, excellent individual and teamwork skills and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Time management is a key element to the role due to the nature of meeting deadlines and all work must be carried out efficiently and effectively. .
- Be able act quickly and take lead on project developments
- Demonstrate initiative on time saving on problem solving solutions
- Be able to multi task various tasks and handle work load
- Be able to work independently without supervision and with supervision and deliver the tasks in hand.
- Use own initiative on decision making following the company guidelines and department requirements and be able to provide full justification.
- Demonstrate the right behaviour and be driven for achieving the end result .
- Be able to have basic system understanding .
- Show commitment to the role
Typical Hours/Shifts: Mon-Friday - 9am -5pm -( you will be expected to be available from 8.50am and where the business requires you to work after 5pm to meet business needs time to time
Challenging, fun and supportive environment
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.