Overview Job Purpose:
BNY Mellon Investment Management EMEA Limited (IM EMEA) has a range of UK- and Dublin-domiciled equity, fixed income, multi-asset and liquidity funds that are managed by a diverse range of investment boutiques within the BNY Mellon Group. These include Newton, Insight, Mellon Investments Corporation, Walter Scott, ARX, Alcentra, and BNYIM Japan.
The long-term strategy of IM EMEA is to launch new products by matching the expertise of BNYM investment boutiques with the needs of its clients and strategic partners. It continues to build on its core product offerings where it identifies demand and gaps within its ranges.
The Product Development and Management team in London primarily supports the cross-border and UK ranges distributed by IM EMEA across the UK and continental Europe, Middle East and Africa. Additionally, this role also provides support to our product development efforts in Asia.
The Product Development & Management function sits within the Product Development and Strategy team within the firm's Distribution division and is responsible for facilitating and implementing the development of new products and on-going range management of all funds distributed by IM EMEA. This makes for an interesting, stimulating and varied role. The variety of the role therefore calls for individuals who can successfully multi-task and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously. Position Description:
A key member of the IM EMEA product team to support the achievement of International Distribution's key objectives of:
- Development of new products for IM EMEA's cross-border and UK mutual fund platforms, taking ownership of the development cycle from detailed design to build and launch.
- Ongoing product range management of IM EMEAs cross-border and UK-domiciled UCITS- and non-UCITS qualifying fund ranges to ensure existing products are fit for purpose.
- Identifying and implementing proposals to improve the efficiency of the product offer via amendment, merger or rationalization.
- Ensuring implementation of product-related initiatives is timely and well executed across the business.
- Keep abreast of product trends in the investment industry though building and maintaining competitor and general market knowledge, as well regulatory developments.
- Supporting the impact assessment, co-ordination and delivery of product change brought about by external factors and regulations such as PRIIPs, Libor cessation, SFDR etc.
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement new products as well as ensure continued competitiveness through fund modifications of existing products.
This will typically involve:
Efficient project management and product implementation:
- Develop detailed product specifications and project documentation for product launches, closures and modifications with strong with attention to detail and accuracy
- Deliver product launches, closures and modifications approved by the relevant internal committees on time and budget whist adhering to IM EMEA's governance processes
- Co-ordination and implementation of on-going product range management and regulatory initiatives affecting product.
Effective Stakeholder management:
- Develop close working relationships with IM EMEA stakeholders including the relevant investment boutique, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Investment Communications and Operations, to ensure projects run effectively and collaboratively.
- Facilitate effective communication to key stakeholders through regular milestone progress updates
- Provide technical support responding to product related enquiries from various areas of the business.
Ongoing product governance:
Job Specific Competencies:
- Preparation of product documentation for internal committees both for approval and ongoing update as well as expectation management. Prepare reports and other product-related material for presentation to the Fund Boards.
- Contribute to product process improvement and enhanced client experience
The candidate should have:
- Strong organization, time and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive and adaptable - able to identify issues and prescribe the correct solution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the asset management industry and in-depth technical knowledge of investment products, both onshore and offshore
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as developing good working relationships with peer group colleagues
- A proactive approach to resolving issues as well as identifying developing opportunities
- Project Management skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years' experience in the industry in a relevant role
Useful but not essential:
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.