An exciting Senior Credit Officer opportunity has arisen to join the Alternative Funds (Financial Sponsors) Credit team, which forms part of the broader Financial Institutions ("FI") Credit team.
FI Credit at Lloyds Banking Group is a fun and exciting place to work. We're a very friendly bunch of curious individuals, who like to ask lots of questions and challenge existing ways of working. We're passionate about risk management, and we want to support our business partners to build a balanced business with strong and long-term client relationships.
As a Credit Director in the Alternative Funds Credit team, you'll be involved in leading all aspects of managing the credit quality of our Financial Sponsors portfolio, by supporting the provision of Fund Finance facilities to our Top Tier Private Equity, Secondaries, Infrastructure and Private Debt Managers. We support our private market fund managers through the provision of Subscription Credit Facilities. This is supplemented by disciplined growth in the provision of gearing "NAV based" facilities, and to a lesser extent liquidity and general partner (GP) support facilities to our top tier relationships. We also oversee a significant FX derivatives book supporting our Financial Sponsor clients when hedging their fund level FX risk related to investments or commitments into different currencies (typically vanilla forward FX or spot).
We're looking for someone with solid experience & transferable skills from a relevant Credit or Coverage background, as well as an individual with drive, strong organisation & problem solving skills, and great attention to detail. You'll be a senior member of the team, supporting and constructively challenging the business, whilst helping to structure robust, commercially viable deals.
You'll be able to demonstrate strong technical and analytical skills, reviewing and supporting sophisticated transactions. In due course, you'll be expected to lead Credit Due Diligence discussions with clients, and make decisions with a sizeable delegated credit authority.
As part of this role you'll manage a small portfolio of counter parties, prepare credit submissions for annual reviews & new transactions and present these submissions to sanctioning officials for approval. As a Senior Credit Officer, we'll also expect you to contribute to the design and delivery of sector strategy, appetite, credit policies and processes to help run the portfolio, and you'll be regarded as a trusted business partner who can be a role model across FI Credit.
Our goal is for the new hire to become an active & valuable senior member of our team and the wider FI Credit team. We're passionate about our people, and we have a huge focus on empowerment, career progression, diversity, learning & development, agility and work-life balance. As a part of FI Credit, you may also have the opportunity to get involved with other portfolios in the wider team too, which includes Securitisations, Banks, and Insurance.
Skills / Experience
- 7 years credit experience as a minimum, demonstrating the ability to analyse credit risk and shape deal structures.
- Sound knowledge of the Funds sector, including trends, horizon risks and regulation.
- Experience of Fund Finance lending products, such as Subscription Credit Facilities, Gearing (Asset/NAV recourse) facilities and liquidity facilities. Working knowledge of Continuation Funds and GP Support facilities would also be a plus.
- An understanding of derivative products (particularly FX), as well as the associated ISDA/CSA documentation and key credit terms, would be useful.
- Exceptional organisation skills with the ability to juggle multiple requests, prioritise workloads, meet deadlines, as well as having the confidence to flag when you might need help.
- A committed team player with great communication skills and eagerness to build positive relationships, and help up-skill and cross train other team members.
- Track record in making important and urgent decisions and ability to communicate succinctly and efficiently in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Held Credit Authority in past roles and/or proven leadership ability in a credit role would be desirable, but not necessary.
What you'd get in return
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.Together we make it possible.
- A generous salary (dependent upon location)
- A performance share award
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
- Private health cover