VP, Project Manager, Group Business Banking Technology and Operations
Posting Date: 31-Dec-2022
Location: SG, Raffles Pl
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Act as a single point of contact (trusted advisor) for senior stakeholders and influencers of the designated business with regard to project portfolio.
- Support effective business change by building relationships with Business leaders, Support Functions, Technology and Operational business partners.
- Prioritize business requests and manage project pipeline for the portfolio
- Work very closely with Business CIOs to plan, manage pipeline and with Functional Business Analyst for solution design Operating Model
Change Implementation Planning & Management
- Manage projects end-to-end delivery for designated business segment
- Prepare Investment approval/notation decks including business case, in collaboration with Technology teams
- Develop robust T&O resource plan aligned to project pipeline
- Anticipate the business challenges, objectives of the T&O initiatives to be undertaken, high level budgets and success criteria.
- Undertake scoping and evaluation of new initiatives. Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation.
- Ensures that there is a business perspective on how the new operations and technical capabilities will be delivered to the business.
- Initiate the implementation plan for Group T&O projects. This will include all the activities that the business needs to do to prepare for new operation process and technical components.
- Spot potential problems, recognize the risk impact and propose risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop and maintain the required governance for the projects or programme supported e.g coordinate PSC meetings including planning, preparation and tracking of actions pre and post meetings
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating status of the programme deliverables
- Report project risks and issues proactively with transparency and help PSC to make informed decision. Identify emerging issues and resolve conflicts within the portfolio
- Improve quality of delivery and timelines aligned to business priorities which provide the highest ROI.
- Improve efficiency of investment across the portfolio and effective management of inter-dependencies
- Reduce transaction cost by constantly looking to automate operational processes while designing, delivering change.
- Build a sustainable process for measuring benefits to ensure projects are delivered on time (within contingency) and commercialized.
Technical Skills & Experience
- Significant experience in managing large Transformation Programme / Projects in a banking environment
- Complete understanding of project life cycle and Technology development models
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into actions that meet business objectives
- Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
- Experience in scoping and evaluation - Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Minimum 18 years of relevant banking experience
- SME/Business banking domain experience would be added advantage
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Manage divergent agendas and divergent stakeholders with win-win solution
- Manage organizational ambiguity and differing stakeholder views
- Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Passionate, diligent individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Resourceful team player
- Understands and articulates the business strategy and vision and is able to mobilize formal and informal networks to achieve business growth in a sustainable manner
- Decision maker and influencer with strong relationships across the organization embracing the strength in diversity
- Facilitates and drives strategy / processes to achieve transformational change and sustainable solutions
- Builds bench strength and focuses on succession planning of employees for future roles and challenges
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in engineering/ business/ finance or equivalent
- PMP certified
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.