Business Development Associate (Permanent - London based)
My client is a leading global Asset Manager who is looking to hire a Business Development Associate to join their fast-growing team in London. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop in their own professional development in a sales function. In this role, you will be supporting the firm in strengthening their growing investment trends in Asia.
Responsibilities in this role will include:
- Sustaining and developing new business and relationships with qualified prospective clients.
- Pro-actively contributing to pre-sales preparations, including reviewing presentations, analysing the market and identifying new opportunities via Financial Clarity and industry media.
- Working closely with the sales team and other internal teams such as compliance, marketing, product and RFP teams.
- Working with the marketing team to research and organise conferences and events for the EMEA BD team to attend/sponsor. Developing distribution lists and online marketing for campaigns.
- Contributing to the written communication to and from prospects, as well as handling queries and organising calls and meetings.
- Reporting activity and updates within the sales team.
- Working in close collaboration with the RFP team in assisting with the RFP process and making sure material is produced correctly and in a timely manner.
- Attending events in the UK and Europe (asset class specific or industry events with FSI sponsoring).
- Using Salesforce: coordinating, uploading and updating prospects onto the system and ensuring data is updated on behalf of the team i.e., meeting minutes, contacts and opportunities.
To be a good fit for this role, you will ideally need:
- A passion for developing a career in business development or client service.
- Confidence in creating and developing excellent working relationships with potential clients and colleagues.
- Ability to understand and work with numerical data.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Sound experience with Salesforce and Morningstar (desirable).
- Excellent oral and written communication.
For more information, please apply now or contact Anais Blundell-Moroney on firstname.lastname@example.org