WHO WE ARE
Quanteam Group is a Consulting firm specialised in the Capital Markets industry, in Paris, London, Brussels, New York and North Africa. Since 2007, our 800 consultants provide major clients (Corporate & Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Brokers and Insurance Companies) with expertise in several projects such as Financial Engineering, Quantitative Research, Regulatory Implementation, IT Transformation & Innovation.
The firm mainly takes part in:
• Business consulting: Quantitative research, Risk management (e.g. Market risk, credit risk, counterparty risk), Banking regulations (e.g. Basel III, Solvency II, FATCA, EMIR, MiFID), Pricing & Valuation, Organisational Transformation & Process Improvement.
• IT & Information systems consulting: Business Analysis, Project Management, Change management, Front Office Support (functional and technical), Development (e.g C++, Python, C#, Java, VBA), Financial Softwares (e.g. Sophis, Murex, Summit, Calypso), IT Transformation & Innovation.
As part of Quanteam Group, Quanteam UK (incorporated in 2010) has today more than 80 consultants, working for major Capital Markets players in London.
Our client, a major French international investment bank, is recruiting a Production Support Analyst to join the London-based Global Markets Operations Support team dedicated to Commodities and its derivatives products.
Commodity Markets provides liquidity and market-making services across their markets to a large and diversified base of clients worldwide. Products include Base and Precious Metals, Oil, European and North American Power and Natural Gas, Coal, Emissions Commodities.
The Operations Support team works on the trading floor and its primary responsibility is to assist traders in their day-to-day trading activities and providing front-to-back production support for the Commodities Sophis platform trade life cycle.
Our client is ramping up the replacement of Sophis to a newer, better performing platform, Murex, and must keep its trading operations going on Sophis. They require a consultant with strong knowledge of the platform and who could fulfil a similar trading support role.
As a member of the team, support the global commodities platform (Sophis), critical for front-to-back functionality including portfolio management, pricing, risk management, market data sharing, product control, P&L reporting, settlements, physical scheduling, trade confirmations and regulatory reporting, etc.
Key daily tasks include:
Assisting traders in any support requirements they have day-to-day
Proactively monitoring the system
Analysing and resolving production support technical and functional issues with relevant IT teams
Managing the Trade lifecycle events in Sophis Commodities
Perform trade monitoring workflow with P&L impacts analysis to erroneous bookings and restructuring of trades
Fielding questions from all GMC personnel including traders, marketers, risk managers, and operations and keeping them informed of system issues and changes affecting them
Logging incidents with IT support when necessary
Propose to the Murex Product Owner of necessary bug fixes and possible enhancements to factor in Murex build
Release management follow up from a user perspective to ensure no regression on daily production
Participate to legacy transfer migration protocol from Sophis to Murex
Skills and Experience
This role requires strong problem-solving and communication skills. The analyst will engage directly with many different teams within the bank including trading, sales, middle office, back office, confirmations, market risk and accounting. Therefore, the ability to pick up diverse product and process knowledge will be critical.
• Sophis Application & Production Support for Commodities for metals and energy derivatives products (not limited to/exclusive) or Equities products
Front to back processes, trade lifecycle, OTC and listed derivatives
• Knowledge on commodities/Portfolio management/PNL/Pricing/Product Control is a plus.
• Navigating Sophis and know-how is a MUST HAVE
• Intermediate level relational database and SQL skills are required