First VP, Unsecured Policy Strategy, Credit Policy and Portfolio Mgmt, Grp Credit (Retail)
Posting Date: 14-Jan-2023
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Credit and Risk Management
function is comprised of three teams: Risk Management, Credit and Special Asset Management. We manage the risks arising from the Group's business activities within the risk appetite established by the Board. This involves identifying and evaluating the risks, developing effective risk governance and strategies as well as providing independent assessment of the overall risk profile. Job Responsibilities
The candidate will be part of the Group Credit Policy and Portfolio Management team which manages Personal Financial Services (PFS) portfolios in Singapore. The candidate will be responsible for managing new initiatives and projects under the unsecured policy team for Singapore and will need to work closely with business stakeholders. This role will work hand in hand with the unsecured policy team lead for Singapore.
- Work together with business stakeholders to design and implement new strategies for unsecured. Partner with business stakeholders to roll out initiatives related to digital banking response.
- Perform necessary portfolio analyses & credit performance forecasts and review financial preposition with business counterparts to ensure sustainable good growth. Support new business growth and product launches.
- Liaise with various stakeholders including technology support units, credit operations and other parties to roll out credit initiatives as approved by top management and evaluate their effectiveness over time.
- Responsible for adhoc analysis/MIS to support policy updates and refinement.
- Responsible for monitoring of economic environment and work with the policy counterparts to propose appropriate containment actions to maintain portfolio quality during economic crisis period. Fine tune policies as appropriate.
- Perform periodic monitoring and analyses of portfolio performance to ensure that sound portfolio quality is maintained.
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 8 to 10 years of working experience in a retail banking role preferably in a credit risk policy, MIS and portfolio management capacity.
- Good understanding of the regulatory landscape related to financial loan products.
- Analytical mind, good communication and presentation skill is required as the candidate will need to communicate with seniors for policy changes etc.
- Meticulous and self-motivated and able to produce end results.
- Familiar with portfolio monitoring techniques & tools, SAS programing, Basel capital rules.
- Knowledge on scorecard and Basel II model is preferred.
- Knowledge of Strategy Manager is preferred.
- Degree holder with background in Business and Finance or Statistics.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.