- JN -012023-1915683
- Jan 10, 2023
- £700 - £800 pd
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Regulatory Reporting Specialist on behalf of a prestigious top tier bank. The Regulatory Reporting Specialist will be rewarded with an initial 9 month contract Regulatory Reporting Specialist 9-month initial contract £720/day Belfast hybrid role. Team/Function Overview
The Operations Regulatory Control group is a centralized unit that is responsible for the oversight of day to day compliance for regulatory reporting including exception management and risk mitigation for the EMEA Region.
The team is responsible for the review, action and oversight of daily regulatory reporting and exception management.
The team provides a crucial level of governance to safeguard the bank and its clients for their reporting obligations. ORC works closely with Compliance, Business, Technology and Operations to interpret, investigate and remediate regulatory related issues, and to track risk through metrics analysis, trending oversight and timely escalation. Role / Position Overview
The role of a Regulator Reporting Specialist within the ORC department is to provide oversight of key controls and processes, in order to ensure a best in class provision of regulatory reporting on behalf of the firm and its clients.
Review of trade, position and transaction reporting data to define & refine key controls, KPIs and KRIs to help reconcile risk exposure pertaining to data submitted to numerous National Competent Authorities (such as FCA, Central Bank of Ireland, BaFIN, Bank of England and other Debt Management Offices across Europe)
The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations, Technology, Compliance, and the business, to maintain a strong working relationship and support proactive governance and control management.
The role will involve working in conjunction with the Reporting team peers in Belfast and Supporting the supervisory team, including senior Management in London, to highlight issues and raise solutions through interpretation of submitted data. Key Responsibilities
- Help drive implementation and perform control monitoring and testing of firms submission and exceptions/rejections data to develop appropriate controls to drive the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of regulatory reporting obligations within ORC.
- Review, Design and Enhance key metrics and KPIs relevant to numerous regulations and assist with reporting to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Key tasks to involve the remediation of replay data across numerous regulatory processes within the Reporting team in Belfast, and to support the successful identification and remediation of failed controls (specifically but not limited to, the analysis of keys controls, UAT of future enhancements and regulatory reporting remediation tasks)
- The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations Regulatory Control, Technology, and key business stakeholders to maintain a strong working relationship and a best in class approach to proactive exception management
- Experience of compiling large volumes of data and analysing results
- Knowledge of JIRA and other project tracking tools
- Strong documentation collation, presentation and storage experience
- Experience of exception based controls and processing;
- Experience of working within a control environment;
- Experience of Regulatory reporting/Risk and Control (preferable)
- Understand impact of external factors (e.g. regulatory changes) on departmental strategy;
- Good Microsoft skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proactive, able to work on initiative and organize themselves well
- Ability to communicate effectively facilitating interaction with clients, own team and operations management. Ability to detail issues, in writing, in a clear, accurate and concise manner
- Analytical and Numerate proven ability to research and identify large and complex issues
- Demonstrates sound judgement and professionalism in decision making/problem solving, escalating to supervisor as appropriate
- Real attention to detail
- GSCE "A" Level standard or equivalent
- Good numeric skills desirable
- Bachelors degree (preferable)
- Industry exams e.g. FCA module exams or a full affiliate status
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Planning and Organising
- Attention to Detail
- Risk Awareness
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Relationship Building
- Resilience to, and an ability to work under pressure
- Results/task orientated with excellent attention to detail
- Risk Awareness and confidence to escalate
- Adaptive to change
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.