Are you interested in a career in Risk Control, focusing on treasury risks? Are you curious about interest rate, credit and liquidity risks? Do you work well in a team?
If so, we're looking for someone like that to:
• develop a deep understanding of risks taken by Group Treasury with a particular focus on Asset & Liability Management
• remain up-to-date on regulatory requirements, follow financial markets and business trends and analyze how those developments could impact future earnings
• ensure that risks taken are quantified, transparent and within the firm's risk appetite
• prepare earnings-at-risk and interest rate risk reports
• comment market and risk developments in risk reports for the Group and the main legal entities
• develop, maintain and upgrade forecasting models and their documentation
• use technology to automate tasks
Graduate Talent Program
Our Graduate Talent Program (GTP) lasts 18 months. You'll be directly involved in day-to-day operations, working with professionals and gaining first-hand experience of our business.
As well as on-the-job learning, you'll get training on the financial markets, our products and other core business topics. Rotational assignments are a key part of the program. By taking on other roles in related departments, you'll gain a wider perspective.
Besides all that, you'll attend networking events, cross-business classes and social occasions where you'll get to know us.
To learn more about our Graduate Talent Programs, click here . Your team
You'll work in Treasury Risk Control in Opfikon (Zuerich area). Our role is to measure and assess the interest rate risk from an earnings and economic value perspectives, prepare risk reports, and participate in all relevant collection exercises from regulators. You will be joining a dynamic and diverse team - with as many different nationalities as there are members. You will also interact and work in close collaboration with colleagues in other departments and locations.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That's why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
You need have completed your bachelor's or master's degree.
In particular, you have:
• good communication skills, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• a flexible, open-minded and cooperative personality (you're a people person)
• sharp analytical and problem-solving skills with a high interest in coding (GTPCHe.g. VBA. Python, SQL)
• a gift for using numerical analysis, statistics and financial mathematics to solve practical problems
• an interest in financial markets, numbers, models and products
Perhaps you've organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you've achieved match the skills we're after.
Start date: September 2023
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we're more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS is the world's largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.