Citi Market Operations and Operations Technology is currently at a pivotal point in its evolution and journey to implement a target operating model. We take pride and are passionate about our People and our culture. We are invested in people and their development. We are transforming and simplifying our operating model creating an exciting environment which encourages diversity of thought and inclusion.
We are a dynamic, global and diverse Organisation, with a presence in over 60 Countries; covering all front post execution Operations teams including product aligned Middle Office groups, Settlements, Margin, Asset Servicing, Listed Derivative & Commodities Operations. We support an extensive range of Capital Markets products and services including Fixed Income (FX, Rates, Credit, Muni, Cash and Derivatives) where Citi is consistently a dominant top 3 player in the market, Equity (Cash, Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Futures, Listed Derivs, FXPB) where Citi has a significant growth program to continue to build out its capabilities and services; and Syndicates where we support both FI and EQ new issues and IPOs.
Our Operations groups are core to the success of the Markets business and has significant impact across the lifecycle of a Trade. We partner extensively with a range of internal stakeholders including Front Office Sales and Trading Desks, Compliance, Legal, Finance and HR; alongside having significant interaction with our external client base, playing a key role in the overall client experience. We have a Client relationship group dedicated to overseeing the group service performance and strategic partnership for our top tier client base, where we play a key role in supporting our global clients to ensure they have a first class experience when doing business with Citi.
Our Digitization and Implementation group works alongside our Operations teams delivering automation solutions to solve for operational challenges. We partner with Citi's innovation labs to drive optimization and overall play a pivotal role in enabling us to transform to achieve our target operating model.
Our Technology groups develop and implement a wide range of applications that support the Operations, Change, Design and Implementation groups in providing innovative products and solutions. We have re-imagined how to provide technology and service in our domain through the alignment of our team vision, culture, and aggressive retirement plan for legacy applications and adoption of a micro-based containerized cloud environment. We encourage our people to create, explore and be adventurous whilst taking measured risk, adopting safe practices to protect the firm. Data lineage and optimization is core to how we develop our eco system. We are growing our capabilities using artificial intelligence, natural language processing and machine learning.
Our roles entail ensuring we operate in a robust control environment, whilst in a fast-paced workplace. We comply with global regulations and internal policies and adopt a proactive approach to identifying opportunities to reduce risk through the continuous evaluation of our controls; to protect our clients, the firm and our reputation.
We work closely with our external global peers, partners and regulators, and play an integral part in leading an agenda at the forefront to optimise and streamline processes, and drive strategy across our industry. Job Purpose :
This role is within ICG Markets Operations and Technology. The role is within the Asset Servicing group which is a high-risk function and part of the Markets Operations and Technology division. Asset Servicing is represented Globally across the NAM, EMEA and APAC regions. The Asset Servicing department is an integral part of the ICG O&T division and has responsibility for processing Corporate Actions and Income events for Firms and client's positions. It is one of the highest risk areas within operations. The unit provides client-orientated support to both the front and middle offices and utilises all processes of the other areas of operations. The department supports, Prime Brokerage, Firm trading desks, Stock Lending, Repo, and SWAPS for both Equity and Fixed Income.
The role is an individual contributor role to successfully handle voluntary Corporate Action events. The role will report directly into the Team Supervisor and will be responsible for continuing to strengthen the experience within the teams whilst enhancing risk and control frameworks, aligning to company strategy and vision. Organizational Oversight:
Qualifications and Skills:
- This role will include managing the full event life cycle of a variety of Voluntary Corporate Action events and ensuring entitlements are correctly reflected for all positions.
- These activities include revisions of communications, notifications and facilitating postings for Corporate Action events.
- Daily management of exceptions relating to Corporate Action events ensuring prompt clearance and narration.
- Successfully manages the risk relating to Corporate Action events.
- Provide an excellent level of client satisfaction through service provision and query management.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through the appropriate application of procedural requirements and adherence to audit and control policies.
- Participates in compliance related procedures and controls activities.
- Participates in system testing and requirement sessions.
- Ability to identify issues, gaps in controls and execute remediation timely.
- Continuously enhance risk and control framework to reduce opportunity for losses and/or near misses.
- Design and manage any Corrective Action Plans as assigned.
- Understand, implement and monitoring of all market and regulatory changes.
- Experience in financial institutions would be an advantage.
- SME knowledge in Asset Servicing, with experience in Income or Corporate Action Processing would be an advantage. Understanding of Stock Record; long/shorts, and various position types including stock lending positions
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology.
- Strong, influential communicator who is articulate and concise.
- Strong risk management and control mind-set; understanding of the critical risks and necessary controls related to corporate action processing.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations; draws on diverse range of internal and external sources.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Ability to establish and build trust with professionals throughout the business with a clear client orientation.
- Strong awareness of both external and internal best practice perspectives, maintaining a balanced and fresh viewpoint.
- Ability to conceptualize aspects of the organization's model and its future development.
------------------------------------------------- Job Family Group:
Operations - Transaction Services ------------------------------------------------- Job Family:
Asset Servicing ------------------------------------------------------ Time Type:
Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting