A Listed Specialist Financial Services firm are in the market for a Senior Impairment Analyst or Manager to join their team. This role can be based anywhere in the UK & requires 1 day a fortnight in their London or North of England office.
The role will involve complex modelling to develop, implement and take full ownership of the PRA regulated provisioning models and calculations under IFRS 9 and IAS39. The candidate will require a sound knowledge of the impairment framework, IFRS 9 and will need to have a strong background in IRB capital modelling (PD, LGD and EAD) given the strong overlap between current capital and future impairment accounting standards.
Your day-to-day task will include (but won't be limited too):
What you'll bring to the team
- Working closely with the wider Treasury, Finance, Credit Risk and Data & Analytics teams to ensure the impairment reporting process runs efficiently
- In conjunction with the decision science, data & analytics teams, plus any relevant third party providers, lead the remediation actions raised by 2nd line Model Risk team (MRO) validation, along with initiating relevant model recalibrations and enhancements
- Lead the impairment model monitoring, working with Credit Risk and Data/Analytics team
- Prime point of contact for the cards and loans ECL model information requests from both internal and external auditors
- Ensure relevant governance and controls are followed with regards to the impairment process and any enhancements
- Work with the wider Impairment team to maintain and enhance segmentation, reporting, controls, monitoring, governance, and robust procedural documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required and provide recommendations and solutions based on analysis.
- Assist the Governance and Controls Manager to ensure compliance with the firms Model Governance Forum policy, including independent model validation
- Working with the wider treasury and finance teams ensure internal and external audit points are addressed and closed in a timely manner
- There is an overarching responsibility to understand and evaluate impairments impacts as the company grows and launches new products and services
We are looking for finance professionals interested in being part of a dynamic and changing team. There will be an opportunity to independently liaise with the wider business by using your strong communication skills and you'll be someone interested in driving a culture of continual process improvement. To be successful in this role, you will specifically possess;
- Experience of working in a management accounting/management information function
- Relatable knowledge of impairment reporting
- Advanced Excel and moderate capability of SAS
- The ability to build and tell a story from data
- It would be desirable if you have worked within Financial Services and have worked within a credit card portfolio or the non-standard credit market