Leveraging industry-specific knowledge and expertise, the Equity Research Analyst independently conducts fundamental research on companies and industries under coverage (financial statement analysis, creation and maintenance of proprietary financial models, analysis of valuation metrics, and meetings with company management, suppliers and competitors) to make buy and sell recommendations to Portfolio Managers. The Equity Research Analyst is responsible for developing written stock recommendations as well as pitching stock ideas in meetings with Portfolio Managers.
- Develop, sustain and use extensive industry-specific knowledge base to perform fundamental research and modeling/valuation work, provide sector perspective and insights, and generate new ‘buy’ ideas.
- Analyze financial statements (10Ks, 10Qs) and industry periodicals. Monitor, filter, and present all relevant news flow (earnings reports, etc.) in perpetual maintenance effort for companies under coverage owned by TCW to Portfolio Managers to help them make investment decisions.
- Communicate new ideas, results of research, latest findings, key sector/company developments, and synopsis of conferences and management meetings (both verbally and in writing) with Portfolio Managers and others in Equities.
- Stay up-to-date with latest industry developments and trends by regularly attending research conferences, performing channel checks, meeting with management teams (both in our offices and at corporate headquarters), and meeting with suppliers, customers and competitors to help formulate an investment thesis on stock ideas.
- Participate, on occasion, in meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- 5+ years of related investment analysis experience
- 3-5 years of Information Technology coverage experience
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding of, and ability to conduct accounting and financial statement analysis. Advanced techniques in quantitative modeling and valuation frameworks are required
- Proficiency with Excel, Bloomberg, and FactSet
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills and ability to lead conversations with company management teams, customers, suppliers, competitors, and other sources with knowledge of the industry
- Solid verbal and written communications skills as well as strong presentation skills are also required
- CFA Charterholder
- Buy-side investment analysis experience
For CA based position, the estimated base salary is $180k.
Eligible to be considered for an annual discretionary bonus
Eligible for TCW’s comprehensive benefits package. See more information here.