Manager, Production Support L2, Group Infrastructure & Platform Service
Posting Date: 12-Jan-2023
Location: Singapore, Alexandra
Company: 3677 About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices. Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Deliver a 1st class Production Support service to UOB's Channel's stakeholders
- Response and resolve incidents, problem and user queries through proper analysis
- Drive technical remediation in line with agreed non-functional requirements
- Evidence continual service improvement of processes and tasks (via automation)
- Ensures essential process / procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards.
- Coach and be receptive to coaching to uplift the team's and your individual knowledge
- Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand
- Contribute in effective knowledge management best practices within team and organization
Work closely with 1st & 3rd level support and development teams to the incidents, problem and users queries are resolved within SLA Job Requirements
- Minimum 6+ years of experience working in Banking IT industry support. Experience in internet banking applications and mobile banking applications.
- Strong support experience for mission critical systems in financial industry, regional system support experience is preferred.
- Capable in prompt incident and problem management, provides short term workaround and long term solutions wherever is applicable, in order to maintain system maximum uptime and availability.
- Strong leadership. Flexible and being able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience in L2 / L3 support in a Production Support group in a high availability / mission critical environment.
- Strong understanding of ITIL methodology
Essential Technical Skill: -
Be a part of UOB Family
- 6+ years' experience with Distributed Technologies - Unix/Linux, MQ, WebLogic, Java, Oracle, connect-direct
- 2+ years on Batch Scheduler (e.g. Control M, Autosys, Cron)
- +2 years' hands on experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, Geneos
- +2 years' hands on experience in host to host file transfer (SFTP)
- Strong understanding of web application architectures and protocols i.e. client facing (Web/Mobile)
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting java application performance issues
- Strong automation skills (primarily using Unix Shell scripting or Python)
- 2+ years' experience supporting Cash & Trade Management platform
- Hands-On experience in writing / debugging scripts, code, and database queries
- Software Engineering & Change Management
- Solid understanding of resiliency and redundancy designs
- Interfaces and Messaging systems
- Previous Development or System Administration (Linux, Unix, Oracle) experience preferred, but must be currently operating in an L2 or L3 Support role (good to have)
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.