A key member of the Resourcing and Talent Deployment Management Team, this role will be responsible for leading Strategic Projects & Innovation across the function to create a connected ecosystem that enables us to operate as a world class Resourcing and Talent Function at Standard Chartered Bank. The role will work in partnership to connect the function, create a strategy and roadmap for how we use technology and tools, and enable us to sweat and maximise value from our digital assets RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partnering with the HR COO Digital Enablement and HR CIO teams, to co-create, drive and embed 1-3 year Talent and Resourcing innovation strategy and roadmap including tech, tools and services (such as successful roll out of SF, embedding and measuring Beamery and Gloat to deliver efficiency and quality across the Talent and Resourcing function). Work closely with HR COO Digital Enablement to understand how to simplify and sweat our digital assets.
- Provide just in time training and communications across all end users and monitor / track progress. Monitor and understand key issues/challenges from end users and their teams and solve for these.
- Work closely with HR COO Digital Enablement and Technology teams to continuously assess and embed the right technology and partner with the right integration and delivery teams, to ensure efficiency and quality across our function. Ensure clear ownership and process excellence across the talent eco-system.
- Be the Resourcing voice for SuccessFactors design and process excellence. Partner with the SuccessFactors Project Leads and teams and share and work through challenges and embed a positive resourcing experience.
- Partnering with Supply Chain Management, CIO, HR COO, Legal, Risk and CFCC, to support and engage in vendor relationships.
- Drive and deliver an end to end positive stakeholder, candidate and recruiter experience, across the Talent lifecycle and showcase best practices.
- Create KPI's/success measures, analyse insights and track and monitor performance of any innovation related project, tool, technology - pivot where necessary. Share regular communications on progress and positive stories for stakeholders, candidates and recruiters.
- Keep abreast of external best practices and new innovations in external market and share key insights to continue our talent digital journey. Explore pilot opportunities.
- Keep stakeholders updated on progress on a regular
- Work with a diverse range of HR and business stakeholders to build and maintain long term stakeholder relationships
- Understand and balance operational excellence, cost efficiency, risk management and candidate, hiring manager and recruiter experience into the strategy and roadmap for technology and tools across Talent and Resourcing
- Focus on improving HR organisational effectiveness by leveraging our technology and tools across all aspects of solution design
- Acts as a global champion for technology and tools change adoption
- Work closely with the HR COO team to develop proposals and solutions which drive ongoing improvements to our technology strategy and roadmap
- Keeps abreast of external practices and maintains own external network; brings the outside into the Group and understands how to apply external practices into the Group successfully
- Manage conflicts in stakeholder expectations, cost constraints, employee experience and HR good practice in solution design
- Understand risks, business imperatives and business context when facilitating decision making impacted by the target operating model, creating solution options, and making recommendations
- Sets direction and presents clear options and recommendations, facilitate decision making and enable clear understanding in key stakeholders of risks, outcomes and trade-offs
People & Talent
- Drive continuous improvement and operational efficiency of processes to optimise and increase scalability, adoption, employee experience and efficiency measures, and reduce risk in Resourcing processes
- Develop and implement solutions which meet functional and business strategic and operational requirements and improve HR organisational effectiveness
- Responsible for direction and overall management of Resourcing squads across all portfolios to deliver key strategic priorities
- Lead agile resourcing squads of direct and matrix team members to deliver prioritised sprints across the Resourcing and Talent Deployment portfolio
- Empower team members to work across organisational and functional boundaries to drive ongoing improvement in existing Resourcing products, and identify opportunities for operational improvements in product delivery
- Ensure that personal ownership, accountability, professional development and continuous improvement is at the heart of the way the team operate
- Lead through example and build appropriate culture and values
- Interface with other HR teams for delivery of initiatives aligned to the Resourcing agenda
- Strengthen first line operational risk management
- Ensure new HR products and services deliver effective management of operational risks in compliance with applicable internal policies, external laws and regulations at a global level
- Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising, identify and manage forward looking risks
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct across the function
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the job holder's attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the appropriate Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for executing projects with strong focus on financial and delivery governance and adherence to control processes to ensure that execution matches bank's risk tolerance
- Strong programme/project management and governance skills with focus on effective delivery and the integration of business solutions. A real focus on deployment and adoption through hands-on management
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operations, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance', capability to challenge peers effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- HR for HR, Country Heads of HR, HRBPs, CoE Leads, HR COO team, Resourcing Leads
- Key Functional Partners: ITO, Finance, Compliance, Legal and Risk
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Embed new Ways of Working, Here for Good and Group's brand and value in Talent and Resourcing Function
- Collectively responsible for delivering efficiency and ER goals and targets associated with the function
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Over all 8+ years of relevant experience in resourcing.
- Extensive proven project and resourcing technology experience in a large global organization.
- Programme and project experience in the management and implementation of resourcing and talent acquisition systems and technology, gained at senior levels across a complex, multinational environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the digital and technology landscape within recruitment/resourcing with ability to identify tools and digital assets that will add value.
- Experience with developing and implementing business metrics, dashboards, reporting and MI
- Commercial awareness and strong business acumen.
- Able to analyse and interpret complex, disparate and multi stranded information, drawing conclusions and patterns
- Strong proficiency in data and analytics with evidence that these delivered effective and positive business results
- Ability to manage complex projects from start to completion
About Standard Chartered
- Manage conduct
- Manage Risk Management and Internal Control
- Manage Change
- Process Management
- Process improvement
- Effective communications
- HR: Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Operational Risk
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers