As a Barclays BBI Reporting Manager, you will work as part of the Risk Information Services (RIS) Team with responsibility for risk reporting requirements. You will manage the RIS processes for one or more asset classes ensuring quality and timeliness targets are met for Risk calculation and reporting. You will also have the opportunity to lead engagement with IT teams for implementation of controls and driving changes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We're flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
We're committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers' and clients' needs. Whether you have family commitments or you're a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
What will you be doing?
• You will focus on streamlining daily processes to ensure timely delivery of VaR, position reporting and stress reporting adhering to internally and externally governed SLAs
• You will be the point of contact for limit monitoring and management liaising with Market Risk managers and help in designing and publishing reports
• Actively work with projects and IT to build value-add infrastructure: writing up specifications and performing UAT
• You will actively improve existing reports, procedures, documentation, and control environments
• Investigating issues and driving the remediation of data quality issues, collaborating for resolution, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data
• Cooperating with various teams involved in strategic development of Market Risk infrastructure
• You will facilitate training to RIS team members
• Planning and scheduling production processes for regular and Business Continuity Management Purposes
What we're looking for:
• Numerate post graduate qualification or significant equivalent experience
• Thorough knowledge of market risk methodologies and infrastructure especially reporting data flows and processes in one or more of the asset classes
• Experience around market data / position data validation processes and knowledge of Capital reporting regulatory requirements
• A good knowledge of the bank's Risk Control and Governance framework with an aim to assisting with the monitoring and management of the control tasks
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Professional certifications - CFA or FRM
• Computing skills including Advanced Excel and Python and high degree of proficiency in SQL
• Financial products knowledge
• Experience in Market Risk Data Quality Control
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.