SEI's Investment Management Unit (IMU) has an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst, Sustainable Investing Solutions, to support the growth of its sustainable investing strategy. Working within the Strategic Planning and Stewardship group, the key objective of the role is to contribute to the development of SEI's sustainable investing strategy and capabilities to be implemented across SEI's full range of investment solutions including mutual funds and separate accounts. The role will work cross-functionally across SEI's Asset Management Unit. An ability to synthesize complex information, strong project management skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.What you'll do:
The Sustainable Investing Senior Analyst will play an essential role in the continued development of SEI's approach to sustainable investing by contributing to the integration sustainability into investment products and solutions, tools and systems; risk management; and client engagement and advice. Some of the core responsibilities include:
What we need from you:
- Manage strategic projects from planning through implementation including development of new investment products and solutions, preparation of new policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements, and integration of ESG data into investment management tools and systems. Collaborate with investment strategy, operations, legal and compliance, and client service teams.
- Conduct research into trends and opportunities in sustainable investing across the investor, regulatory and competitive landscapes. Synthesize findings into actionable insights, recommendations, and project plans.
- Contribute to sustainable investing communications and materials for internal and client audiences. Communications may include written reports and briefings, board and employee training, client presentations and RFPs, and policies.
- Manage sustainability and ESG data and analytics in partnership with the IMU's Data and Risk Management teams to support consistent application of insights and analysis across SEI. Maintain relationships with external vendors and data providers.
- Contribute to sustainable investing reporting and disclosure efforts including CSR reporting, UK Stewardship Code and UN PRI.
What we would like from you:
- Demonstrable experience in investment management, investment banking or management consulting. Experience in sustainable finance strongly preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent). CFA, MBA or Master's Degree in a related field preferred (or equivalent).
- Sound working knowledge of investment strategies and capital markets. Experience with manager research a plus.
- A demonstrated understanding of and passion for sustainable finance including issues related to ESG data and climate-related financial risk. Working knowledge of sustainable investing regulations, frameworks, and/or voluntary initiatives (e.g. SFDR, Net Zero) preferred.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to balance multiple short- and long-term projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills for internal/external audiences as well as strong listening and investigative skills. A demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders.
- Solid capabilities in Excel and financial information systems a plus (e.g. Blackrock Solutions, FactSet)
SEI's competitive advantage:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented and ability to synthesis qualitative and quantitative information.
- Willingness to take initiative, own projects, exercise independent judgment and act decisively.
- Robust organization skills and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and work ethic.
- Intellectually curious, creative and open-minded.
- Passion for investing.
- Willingness to travel.
- Someone who will embody our SEI Values of courage, integrity, collaboration, inclusion, connection and fun. Please see our website for more information. https://www.seic.com/
To help you stay energised, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including comprehensive care for your physical and mental well-being, strong pension plan, tuition reimbursement, hybrid working environment, and a work-life balance that enables you to relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
We are a technology and asset management company delivering on our promise of building brave futuresSM-for our clients, our communities, and ourselves.Come build your brave future at SEI.SEI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and so much more...
After over 50 years in business, SEI remains a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch. The open plan nature of our office space, flowing lines and numerous art installations are designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit twice a week.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited ('SIEL') is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).